We went to Brielle's 6 month appointment with Uncle Brian and she got 4 new shots. It was very sad to see the shock on her face when they went in and then how sad she was the whole rest of the day. Brian checked her out and said she is doing great. They also weighed her. At 4 months she was in the 7th percentile for weight . . . she is now in the 6th percentile! She weighed 13 pounds 11 ounces. It's perfectly fine and healthy. She is progressing on the chart just fine, she's just small and on the lower end of the chart. And to be honest, I'm grateful. I love having a little baby. It's much easier carrying her around.
Along with turning 6 months old came a few new tricks that Brie is perfecting each day:
We started solids at 5 months and it has been tough getting her to want to eat them. I felt like I was forcing the food on her. But now, she is eating like a champ! She sits in her high chair like a big girl and is excited about the food coming. She takes it down really well and when she is done she certainly lets me know by blowing bubbles with it back at me.
She has started watching TV! I was unloading the dishwasher and had left her in the front room to play with toys on a blanket. It was pretty quiet for awhile and I caught her laying back watching the news. She watched for about 10 minutes straight. Must have been interesting!
Brie is sitting up all by herself! She can sit and play without any support. It makes her look so old. Sometimes when she reaches for a toy far away she loses it and face plants herself into the blanket, but all in all she's doing a good job of sitting up.
She is moving all over the room! Yikes! She is not up on all fours crawling, but she is certainly army crawling all over the place. She can move quick. It used to be that if she wanted to get to something she would do a series of quick rolls to get there. Now she scoots or crawls herself wherever she wants to get - and fast. I'm starting to have to watch for anything in her reach. I'm afraid of what is to come!
7 comments:
You're daughter is adorable!!! I just was blog surfing and came across your site. My first was a small baby too. She's still petite. We just had our second baby and he's an absolute beefcake compared to her. He was 2 whole pounds bigger than her at birth. OWCH! I can remember being excited when my daughter started doing different things and I can't wait for our son to start doing things too. Our daughter is 2 and a half now and some things, I wish she would stop. ha ha.
What a cute little girl. I love the picture of her watching TV and also the determined look on her face as she is getting ready to scoot across the room.
Wow she is adorable, and is sitting up right on schedule. I always look forward to when my kids can sit up. It seems to make a lot of things so much easier.
Wow- when did she learn to sit. I swear we were just with her 5 days ago. Maybe she has added confidence now that she isn't being mauled by two very hyper toddlers. :)
I love that our girls are the same age. It's fun to see Brielle and know Abby's just a few weeks behind her. Abby's rolling all over the floor and watches tv and loves eating. We're still working on the sitting up thing and it's so great when that one happens because they are happier seeing what's going on. I'm so glad you have a blog now, so we can see what you're up to! We miss you guys!
Wow! You guys already re-linked me. You're fast. I haven't changed my links on the new blog yet. Gotta do that after I go fight my ticket this morning!
She is such a big girl now, she's growing up so fast. She lookes so happy and she's beautiful.
Post a Comment