Monday, July 10, 2006

Lake Tahoe Vacation

We're back! We all arrived home from a very fun vacation in Lake Tahoe last night.

On Wednesday morning (July 5) Laura, Davin, Kea, Krista, Tawna and I started driving from Salt Lake to Lake Tahoe. We had a pretty good trip considering we had a 2 year old and a 4 year old. The kids were very good. Laura just kept handing them a new toy or a new treat to keep them going. At one point we stopped for a break in Lovelock, NV. This is a tiny little town in the middle of nowhere on I-80. There was not much there but a Safeway. Laura bought Davin and Kea a popsicle at the Safeway and after that Davin begged her over and over to promise that they would please come back there some day! I hope they enjoy Lovelock on future family vacations.

Scott flew to Reno after he was done with work. Lucky for me and everyone else in the van he was able to take Brie. Rama watched her in the morning and then Scott picked her up for the flight. He said she slept right through it. Brian (Laura's husband) left Bakersfield and drove to Tahoe. Amazingly enough, we all arrived within about 10 minutes of each other! Crazy timing huh?

We rented a condo at a ski resort and it was very nice. It worked out perfect to have a "home" with beds, a kitchen, living room, dining room, etc. to come home to each day. We had fun, busy days. It was a great time. I'll let you know what we did each day.


 Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It looks like you had a wonderful vacation in a beautiful place. I loved the pictures. I would like a copy of the one of you three (Brielle is in a blue dress). A 4X6 would be a size that would fit in the family groups frame by my front door. But any size would be great.