I just put Brielle down for her morning nap in her crib. At about 4 1/2 months we switched from rocking her to sleep to teaching her how to soothe herself to sleep. It's a pretty easy process for her to go down for a nap or bedtime. I take her in her room, turn down the blinds, turn on a white noise machine (so she doesn't hear all the noises outside her room since the kitchen and bathroom are so close), put her in her crib and close the door. Done. She moves around the crib a little bit and then is asleep!

I have been checking on her a couple times this morning though because it was quiet, but she was not asleep. Every time I looked at her she had pulled the bumper down and was just looking out. I finally figured out that she could look out and see herself in the long mirror on the back of the closet door. She was just watching herself.

She has started pulling the bumper down when she is done with her nap also. She wakes up, pulls the bumper down to look out the railing to try to find me to come get her. I then hear her yelling for me. Funny girl.
3 comments:
that's so cute that she looks in the mirror! we just moved abby's mattress down and now there's a space between the bumper and the top of the crib which she can see us through. it's tricky now. i'm always ducking so she won't see me and get upset. cute girls!
She is adorable, and looks so big! I love that she was watching herself in the mirror. What is a bumper?? :)
My boys were always pulling the bumper pad down and looking out. Soon the bumper wouldn't stand up straight anymore but would just sag in the middle.
Post a Comment