Sunday, July 30, 2006

Camping Food . . . YUM

I mentioned that I loved the food while camping. I remember my mom packing so much food when she would take our whole family of 11 camping for a week. She then cooked almost every single meal over the fire. We had delicious camping meals and desserts. I have no idea how she did it. I was able to pull off a couple of my favorites though.

On Saturday morning we made 'Eggs In A Frame'. I think this is a favorite for all the Allred children. I remember my dad hovered over the fire with smoke blowing in his face as he pulled off one after another for us. I was lucky and got to cook ours on a camp stove. It is eggs and bacon cooked inside the whole of a piece of bread. YUM! We also made tin foil dinners for dinner that night. Those are so simple, yet so delicious. They turned out perfect! And we topped all the deliciousness off with S'mores. You just have to have them when you have a fire. We got a little creative and used Laura's secret recipe. We replaced the Hershey bar with rolos and reeses peanut butter cups. Wow.



 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

laura said...

We were just talking about those Reeses/ Marshmallows tonight. Yum. I made ROlo cookies for our weekly game of Settlers and it reminded me of our new invention. Wish we could have been there to sample them again.

Teresa said...

K, weird comment, but the packages of the food look so different to me. I guess the food companies do change their labels every once in a while. The squirt, and the graham crackers look like new food.