
Happy Fourth of July! Today has been a fun day already . . . and the fireworks are yet to come. Scott and I woke up early this morning to get ready to be in the Mill Creek 4th of July parade with Brian and Rachel and their family. Brian and Rachel have spent the past couple weeks working so hard on a Wizard of Oz float. It turned out great. We all dressed as the characters from Wizard of Oz. Brian was the scarecrow, Rachel, Annabelle and Clara were all Dorothy, Rebecca was the the good witch, Suzy was the Tin Man, Scott the Lion and I was the wicked witch. We also had the mayor of munchkin land and another small tin man. We all marched down Evergreen Avenue throwing out candy to the kids. They all seemed so excited to see us. At the end of the parade we found my family and a huge party with games and food and a band at the park.
My parents left to head back to California, but everyone else is still here. So this afternoon Scott, Evan and Brielle hung out watching the world cup (Italy vs. Germany) and Krista, Tawna and I went back to the Hilton were they had been staying and got to swim in the pool.
Now we are waiting to see if the storm that is passing over us clears up enough to have fireworks tonight. Let's hope so.
4 comments:
looks like a fancy float! did you go to the neilsons' breakfast too? we miss that tradition.
Ummm. Hello, isn't it noteworthy that Germany got kicked out of the World Cup during that game. There were a lot of tears shed here.
P.S. That float is adorable, and I am loving all of the pictures of the family get together.
Lots of time and work went into the float--great job! I'm glad I got to see it moving down the street on the 4th of July. Walt Disney would be "green" with envy and hire you immediately.
Post a Comment