Sunday, July 30, 2006

CAMPING

We went camping this weekend! It was wonderful. I love camping. I really enjoy being outside, sitting around a fire, sleeping in a tent, waking up to a fresh cool morning in the mountains, camping food and lots more. I am so glad my parents raised me camping and taught me to love it and taught me how to do it.

On Friday after Scott got off of work we left. We drove to Kamas, UT (just past Park City) and stopped at Dick's for dinner. I guess anyone going or coming from the Uintas HAS to stop at Dick's for their popular burgers and shakes. We then drove up into the Uintas searching for a camp site. After some searching (every campground was full), we finally found a really nice one that was surrounded by trees and quite secluded. We pitched our tent and made camp.
Brielle did really well. I think she loved being there. She definitely loved the tent. She was enclosed and had a whole soft floor of sleeping bags and blankets to crawl around and play on. We had her sleep (in her German sleeping sack) right between us and she kept warm and slept well. The only part that she didn't get was the mesh door. She kept trying to crawl through it to get outside. Tricky.We woke up this morning (Sunday) and packed up and drove home. It only took 45 minutes. We were home, fed, bathed, napped and dressed and at church by 11:30 am. We had a great time and can't wait to go back. It was beautiful.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

I love the german sleeping bag. She looks adorable, and also very happy in it. :) Ahhh, you guys are still in the days of one tent huh?

Anonymous said...

The tent looks very nice--but my idea of camping is still a lovely hotel room with a comfortable bed, a large TV and a fine restaurant. Of course, I'm not young and full of adventure anymore. We did have a few fun trips when our boys were little.