Thursday, August 31, 2006

Anniversary Trip

Mine and Scott's third anniversary is coming up on September 6. We have two anniversary traditions.

One is to go to the temple together and do an endowment session and sealings. We did this on Saturday since we will be gone on our actual anniversary. We dropped Brielle off with Grandma Rama for some nap time and some play time. Brie LOVES Grandma Rama's toys and sitting on the floor and playing with her. Scott and I went to the Salt Lake Temple and had a wonderful time together there. It is nice to be together in such a peaceful place and reflect and talk about important goals and subjects. I especially love doing sealings on our anniversary to remind me of all the words that I heard that first time and what I promised and what was promised to me. Marvelous!

Second tradition, which we copied from Laura and Brian's great idea, is to go on an anniversary trip. Each year we take turns planning it. The past two years have been surprises by the planner. This year was Scott's turn to plan and he is taking us to Seattle, WA and Eugene, OR. We are very excited to go. It is no trip to Vienna like Kamber or weekend in Italy like Teresa and her fam. Have you seen there pictures and read about their trips? Geez! Anyway, it should be a very fun trip for us! We leave on Saturday and arrive in Portland, OR where Glenn (Scott's brother) and Renee and their three girls will meet us. We will spend a few days with them at their house in Eugene, OR. We are then planning on driving up to Seattle to see RANDI!!! I can not wait to see Randi again!!! I have also always wanted to visit Seattle, so I am very excited to finally be there. Our first day in Seattle will be our anniversary so we will have a nice dinner somewhere and stay in a hotel that night. The rest of Seattle will be spent with Randi and she will be our guide. We even get to go to a Mariners game. If anyone experienced with the area has any suggestions for us . . . . please give them.

So, we are off in a few days and I'll have lots to share when we return! Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary! Those three years went by fast. We wish you a safe and wonderful trip and hope all three of you stay well. Thanks for letting me tend Brielle occasionally. She is a very sweet and happy little baby and so much fun to be with. Love you.

Roger said...

A couple of comments...
1. Who took that wonderful picture?
2. Why don't you go to a Utes football game at the Rose Bowl, instead of the Mariners? Oh, sorry, I will be doing that for you.

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love that picture of you guys. The lighting is just perfect, and the colours are so brilliant. Your trip sounds like so much fun. Will you give us day-by-day reports of your adventures? please??

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary!! I just got through looking at all your recent write-ups and pictures and got 'caught up' on what's going on in the lives of the Buchanan's--it was fun!! This wedding picture you displayed is just BEAUTIFUL!! (and all those darling pictures of Brielle are wonderful, too!)

Too bad I didn't read your page sooner---I had some ideas of 'what to do while in Seattle', but it's a little LATE now, to tell 'em to you. Randi will likely clue you in, fine, though, on good fun activities. Dennis and I lived there in Seattle when we were first married, and we've gone back several times. Probably while you're there, you'll see and do some of things we like, like going to the Fisherman's Wharf area, as well as the Space Needle, the Acquarium, the Monorail, the old World's Fair area, on a ferry ride over to Bremerton, to Seward Park and to the Woodland Park Zoo, plus we enjoyed visiting the islands at Anacortes.
Anyway-- I just love Seattle, and I'm glad you get to go there and celebrate your anniversary like this. It's a GREAT tradition to start out your marriage with! Love, Karen