Thursday, August 17, 2006

Our Day with Zoey

Yesterday Brielle and I babysat a little 3 month old girl named Zoey. Her mom and dad live across the street from us and are in our ward. Both her mom and dad work so they have to get a babysitter for Zoey. Her mom had someone, but does not trust her anymore, so she is now left to come up with someone to watch her daughter every day while she goes to work. I feel so sad for her. Zoey is her baby that she loves and would love to be with all day and instead is stressfully searching for someone to watch her. She has figured out that her sister will have her one day, her mom another, someone else another and I will start taking Tuesdays. It's so sad that she has to change homes and people every day. So, from now until December Brie and I will spend from 7 am to 5 pm with Zoey.

Yesterday worked out okay. Zoey certainly is a little screamer. She is fine one minute and the next she is screaming and you better find out quick what she wants. Brie just stared at her with a confused look on her face like "what's her problem?" and "who is this girl in our house in my mom's arms?". That is the other problem. She is used to sleeping only in someone's arms. As soon as I put her down to sleep she would wake up crying. I think with a little growing and a little teaching that problem can be resolved, but we had a tricky time with her sleeping yesterday. Mostly, it was just fine. Brie played with her toys and Zoey liked the bouncer chair. As long as I can manage to keep Brielle off of Zoey I'm sure we will really enjoy our babysitting days.


 Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Holy cow!! They are the same size.
I love your blog and how often you contribute to share with us what's going on with your family ... and the pictures are always great. You guys are beautiful.

Alicia said...

Julie! How cool. I didn't know you had seen my blog, but I am so glad to know you like keeping up with us and glad to hear from you. You've seen the links to Teresa, Laura and Landon's also right?

Anonymous said...

I would not even know how to handle two babies. I guess you can get some practice for the future and Brie can learn to share mommy. Jazlyn is so jelouse when I hold Zareli. I am going to be in big trouble when brother or sister comes.
I love catching up with your blog. Keep it up, because I don't talk to you like I use to. I like reading all about you and your family.

Roger said...

This is great training for having twins! I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

laura said...

Wow- That Zoey is huge!! I'm proud of you for committing to long term babysitting. That is not really my thing. GOod for you for helping out.

laura said...

Wow- That Zoey is huge!! I'm proud of you for committing to long term babysitting. That is not really my thing. GOod for you for helping out.

laura said...

Wow- That Zoey is huge!! I'm proud of you for committing to long term babysitting. That is not really my thing. GOod for you for helping out.

Sarah A said...

You are amazing Alicia. I would have a hard time doing what you are. i'm sure your neighbor is thrilled to have someone she can trust watch her baby.

Kam said...

Why did Laura comment three times? hmm... Cute pictures! I like the one of Brie attacking her in the bouncy seat. I agree with the rest -- way to go for helping out. I hope Zoey gets her sleeping habits sorted quickly.

A, M and S said...

Aunt Alicia,
We were excited to see Brielle using the Gyminni! We are excited to see you in September.
Mina and Ariana