
For those of you unaware, the Yankees just won their 5th straight game against the Red Sox in Boston's Fenway Park. They swept them in a 5 game series and they won those games by quite a lot. These loses make for a sad and frustrated Red Sox fan, namely Scott Buchanan. He followed each week day game and was able to watch Saturday's game at home while Brie and I went running at Sugar House Park. Last night we came home from dinner at Tracy and Lauren's house and he stayed up unusually late to watch the 7th, 8th and 9th inning of the game. It looked like the Red Sox had a chance to win. They didn't.
It's a sad day for big time Red Sox fan, Scott, and a sad day for the little Red Sox fan he is training, Brielle (truth is it's mostly because of teething and the need for a nap for her).
8 comments:
I just netflixed "Fever Pitch" and thought of you all. I really liked the movie and honestly it makes you feel like you are missing out a little on a full and complete life by NOT being a Red Sox fan. From that movie the advice I would give to Brie, "Watch out kid, they'll break your heart" Uncle Karl
Maybe she is unhappy because she is really a Yankee fan and Scott put that awful shirt on her. I have known him to desecrate other wonderful organizations.
Jess - My favorite line to quote from that movie when Scott is getting upset over a loss is "You love the Red Sox, but what have the Red Sox ever done for you?"
Hey Scott. Brielle is too pretty to be dressed up in a Yankee or a Red Sox shirt. Give her a pink dress with lots of ruffles instead.
What a cute post! I am sorry that Scott is having such a bad time with this. He could always turn off the TV and turn on the computer. There may be less uspets. Haha
Brielle is adorable. I remeber when Steven was a baby I sent a cute picture of him crying over email, and Landon wrote back and said "why would you take a picture of a crying baby, and then why would you send it to people." It is only a matter of time Landon before you will think Aiden is cute even when he is crying.
So just to let you know, headlines all over this great city of mine are saying "The Boston Massacre"
tell the truth, you pinched her and made her cry in that picture!
that's a great shirt, though. where did you get it?
I like this picture of Brielle better than the face she made with the food. She is so cute!
Post a Comment