Brielle is 8 months old and until yesterday had never been sick. We had never even had an "under the weather" day with her. She has always been happy and lively and healthy. Yesterday I felt what it feels like, for the first time, to be sad for and worried for a sick child. I love all the new feelings and experiences motherhood brings. Brie woke up in the morning and seemed herself and went down for a morning nap before church. She woke up during that nap crying though, so Scott brought her into our bed and laid down with her and she went right back into a deep sleep. That is unusual. Usually, if she's out of her crib it's play time. Then I noticed her shivering and whining after her bath. Also unusual. We went to church and during church she just laid on Scott and then cuddled up to me and fell asleep. Also, highly unusual. We normally have her climbing all over us and the bench and playing with toys and the kids around her during church. She felt so hot. So we brought her home during Sunday School and took her temperature. It was 102 degrees. We gave her some baby ibuprofen and let her sleep. Uncle Brian (Scott's brother and our pediatrician) came over and checked her ears, etc. All looks ok, so it might be viral. The rest of the day was spent at home with her sleeping or just cuddled up.Until the medicine kicked in . . .
A sweet get well soon card from Annabelle.
This is how she konked out at night. Sitting up, bent over and sleeping on top of bear.
3 comments:
Oh my gosh!!!! Brielle has never been sick in 8 months???? You do have a miracle child. Isn't modern medicine wonderful. I love how well it can make them feel. I also love how cuddly babies are when they're sick- as long as you don't have anything else that needs to be done. Add our get well wishes to Brielle. I hope she's back to her healthy self soon.
that's so sad. i hope she's feeling better now.
i can't believe that picture where she's folded in half. flexi-baby!
isn't it great that the medicine works so well. but emotional too because you think they're doing better and then it wears off and they're sick again. so sad.
WHOAH!! This is toooo freakishly weird! Samantha also had NEVER been sick until just this Sunday! I'm not kidding. She got her first real fever Sunday night and was so lathargic and whiney all day Monday (except every time the i-bu profen kicked in). She's still a bit feverish tonight (Tues). They really ARE best friends. I bet they planned it.
Post a Comment