I know. I know. It's hard to believe I am already 31 years old. It's shocking to me as well. I had my birthday though and I am now 31!! It was a FABULOUS birthday. I was so lucky to have my family here to celebrate. It was such a fun day. Scott made me a wonderful breakfast of waffles, eggs and fruit. And as a special birthday present he cleaned the house and did the laundry! Wow. That was nice. I met my family at Temple Square where we took two of my mom's cousins on a tour. They had never been there and it was neat for us to be walked around temple square with the sister missionaries. After touring we had a delicious lunch at The Lion House. They have the best rolls! We then decided to head up Little Cottonwood Canyon to show our visitors some mountains. We went to Snowbird and took the aerial tram up to the top of the mountain (11,000 ft.) It was an amazing sight. We could see through the canyon and out to the Salt Lake Valley and in the other direction we could see mountain after mountain and the Heber/Midway valley. It was beautiful until big black storm clouds started coming our way and we went down. We did get to drive a little further up the canyon to Albion Basin where all of the wildflowers are in bloom. We love going up there this time of year. We got some pictures and walked around and enjoyed how pretty it was. Best of all was that my dad was at such a high elevation and seemed to be just fine. Because of his heart condition he usually can not function at that altitude, but he was the best I've seen him in a long time on this trip. That was wonderful. After the canyon, we all came to my house and had a really good dinner of grilled chicken and canteloupe and salad and baked potatos. And to top it all off . . . . my favorite . . . Marie Callendar's strawberry pie! Yahoo!
So my birthday was great. Thank you so much to everyone who called and sent emails and came to my house to wish me a Happy Birthday! Thank you. Thank you.
P.S. I have been trying to upload pics to this post all day and it won't do it. I am too frustrated. These are the only two that uploaded. One of Brie at the temple and one of us on top of the mountain.

5 comments:
I am officially the worst sister. I did not forget your birthday- I just did nothing about it. Please accept my belated birthday wishes. I'm glad you had such a great day.
PS. I could not get my picts to work. Finally, I tried doing them one at a time and that worked.
Happy happy birthday, Alicia dear. I hope you got my telephone message. I assumed you'd be out with your fam all day, and you were! Sounds like a very fun day.
ps. Laura, ask Alicia about her birthday wishes for me, and you might not feel so bad.heeehee.
i was having trouble uploading last night and the night before. i think blogger must have been having problems.
i'm glad your birthday was so good. have fun tonight at papa fred's birthday!
Sounds like you had a great day. I hope you got my birthday e-card. My hubby turns 30 on the 14th, I have a little surprise for him, but I need you to help me plan something else for him. I am looking forward to lunch.
your friend...
Looks like the front pack is proving itself again as a wonderful baby tool. I used mine a ton times 3.
Post a Comment