Monday, August 14, 2006

Answering the Distress Call

Today Scott came to my rescue. He is so good to me. So, this is what happened - we got home late last night after having dinner at Grandma's house with Tracy and Lauren and then going to a small get together with some of Scott's friends from work. Brielle went to bed at 10 pm. It makes me so sad to put her to bed so late. I know she needs her baby sleep and she was begging to be in her bed. I guess because we were off schedule she then woke up at 12:30 and again at 2:30 and then was awake and wouldn't go back to sleep at 6:00am. I was so upset that she hadn't had the sleep she needed and I was so tired too and I REALLY didn't feel good. So, I wrote Scott an e-mail at work about my frustrations with the early morning wake up and how I now had to try to take Brie to my doctor's appointment with me.

By the time I left for the doctor's office I was just fine. Brie had taken a good early morning nap and were all set and ready to go - but Scott didn't know that. I called him as I drove and he said that he had taken sick time (you can use it for your spouses doctor's visits) to come help me and was on his way to the doctor's office also. Wow! How thoughtful. So he came and took Brielle while I was in with the doctor and then took us home for lunch and naps. He also did all of the laundry (with Brielle's help) and washed the kitchen floor. All my jobs for today! I'm sure we would have survived our rough start today, but I loved how considerate and sweet Scott was to come to our rescue and make everything even better.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Yes, I am sure you would have handled your day just fine, but I am happy you found someone that knows just the right way to please you.

laura said...

cute picture!