Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Birthday Money


Well, my birthday money from Mom and Dad and Fred and Rama is all gone . . . and I spent it well! It's interesting. For 5 years after college I was a working woman with my own money coming in and really just me to spend it on. I've never been one to spend money frivolously, but it was there if I really wanted something or needed something. Things have changed now. I don't have that luxury anymore. So, when I was given birthday money this year it was THRILLING! It was money that I felt I could (and should) do with whatever I wanted. I put real thought into what I wanted to spend it on to celebrate my birthday. I used it to get a cute new hair cut, buy MAC make-up that I really wanted and best of all . . . I got a pedicure! Getting a pedicure is a pure delight and indulgence. It is one of my favorite things to do. I love it. On Saturday I left Brie and Scott at home and went to the salon. I got to sit back, read a magazine, soak my feet in warm bubbling water and have someone take care of my feet. My favorite part is the massage! She massages my feet all the way up my leg to my knees. It is heaven! And then she put mint cream on my legs and feet and wrapped them in warm towels. So tingly and wonderful. She then painted my toe nails a cool color that looks red outside and more purply inside. I love a pedicure and this will be my last until next summer. I definitely enjoyed it. Thank you Mom and Dad and thank you Fred and Rama! Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kam said...

cute toes.
if i took a picture of my feet, my toes would be waving at you. heeee heee.

Roger said...

Glad to assist in your hedonistic decadence.
Love, DAD

Anonymous said...

CUTE! I also love getting pampered from head to toe. Have you ever done a body message? That's great as well... So where is the picture of your new hair cut? I want to see it. Have fun on your trip. Take Care..