My sister Laura had her third baby on Sunday, October 22. He came 3 1/2 weeks early and had some trouble breathing so they put him in the NICU. We didn't know when he might be coming home. My mom and dad were scheduled to leave town the very next day so I decided I wanted to go help Laura and Brian with their other two kids. As of Monday evening I could not figure out a way to get a plane ticket because they were too expensive. But . . . leave it to Scott . . . he got me a ticket directly into Bakersfield for only $190. He is amazing with people. He just works his friendly magic and gets just what he wants. Thank you to Scott.
So, Brie and I spent a week in California helping to keep the house clean and in order, fielding phone calls to know how the baby was doing and most importantly, taking care of Davin and Kea so that Laura could go back and forth to the hospital twice a day. It is work to be thrown into having three kids instead of just one, but I LOVED getting to play with Davin and Kea. They are the best kids. Hopefully we made their lives a little easier by being there.
Here is a picture of me holding little Blake at the hospital. Last I heard he was hopefully coming home last night. That is right, the day after I left. Thanks. He is a cute, cute boy and looks just like Brian.
Blake didn't know what he was missing at home. Boy was it crazy and fun. Maybe that is why he stayed safe and sound in the NICU. This picture is showing how most meal times went. Brielle stood in her high chair, not eating, but laughing hard as Davin and Kea ran around and jumped to entertain her. Good time.
Me wheeling all the kids on the computer chair back to the computer.
Davin helping Brie learn to walk. I must say, Brielle LOVES Davin. She is so entertained by him. She had a harder time with Kea. Most of the time she didn't want Kea anywhere near her and poor Kea was just loving her with kisses and hugs and calling her name constantly.
Top Five Moments with the Skinners:
1. Davin can open the locked bathroom door (just as you are about to step in the shower) with a quarter. Watch out.
2. I made bacon and eggs for breakfast. Laura has never had bacon in her house. I made all of it so we could save some for BLT's, but when I got to the table every single piece was eaten except one for me and one for Laura. The kids (and Brian) love bacon even though Laura doesn't.
3. Because Laura had to pump so often to keep her milk supply for the baby, Kea got quite used to it. When she saw me nursing Brielle she came up, watched and said "pumping? pumping?".
4. Davin confessed how much he loves Brielle and thinks she is so pretty. Prettier than me even. He then told me that he plans on marrying her. How sweet.
5. The constant sound (still ringing in my ears) of Kea saying "Bwielle sleeping", "Bwielle crying", "BIEEEELLLLEEE!". Hopefully one day Brie will reciprocate some of that love.
2 comments:
HAHAHA. K, that is the funniest thing I have read in a long time. I am sure you had a fun, hilarious and maybe sometimes stressful time there. You are awesome.
love to get her little pink knickers off and show her a good time, my baby sis was 2 when I started her and herpussy tasted sooooooooooo good
Post a Comment