Monday, October 23, 2006

The Case of The Appearing Tooth and the Disappearing Pants

Our baby Brie had her very first tooth appear. We were all very surprised by it because we had no warning of it's arrival. One day last week I had my finger in her mouth trying to dig out whatever she had put in and I felt the little tooth poking through. We can now see those jagged edges coming up and we can hear the clink clink when she drinks out of our glass.

The funniest part is watching her get used to the feeling of having a tooth. Brielle now always has her tongue in the side of her mouth. I think she is feeling the tooth. How cool that it is there. One down and a bunch to go. We just hope that the rest come in as easily.


As Brielle's tooth was making it's appearance, her pants were disappearing. I put her down for a nap one morning and I heard her playing in her bed forever. She usually cuddles up to her bear and goes to sleep, but this particular morning I could hear here jabbering away and squealing. It sounded like a great time. I finally went in to check on her and she had taken off both socks and tossed them out of the crib (normal) and had also taken off her pants and thrown them out as well. What????? I was so confused. How did she do it? She was quite impressed with herself.
 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Kam said...

Such cutie pictures of Brielle. Yay for her, getting a tooth! Sam's first one was a bit of a pain, but she just popped another one out last week with no warning... beware a second could be soon to follow. And how funny about Brie's pants! We really do have twin babies... Sam has gotten hers off in her bed a couple of times too.

Anonymous said...

Brielle is surely a smart little baby-- getting her pants off and smiling because she was so pleased with herself. What a sweet, cute little girl you have.

Jessica said...

Alicia!!!
Just because you are in Bakersfield does not excuse you from posting to your blog! These blogs are, for some people, the only things that keep people from dying of boredom at their desk. So when you hear that I just keeled over at my desk you will have nobody to blame but yourself.