We dropped Brie off with Fred and Rama while we went to the game. Rama was thrilled to have her and Brie is always VERY happy to be with Rama and her toys. She was dressed in red because 1. We had a red outfit for her and 2. We decided she would wear the color of the home team.
It was a gorgeous day for a football game. We went up to our friend's tail gate party before going into the stadium and boy did I hear it from everyone as I walked through the tail gate lot in my BYU blue. I could tell a few experiences from this day that make me even more serious about the fact that I do not ever want one of my kids going to the U, but for now I'll say that Utah fans are vicious. Good thing I had a group of friends dressed in red surrounding me. We played "Holy Board" (because you throw rings into holes, not because it is holy) and hung out and I continued to be heckled.
At half time we went to find Brian and Davin. Much to my surprise, Brian was wearing RED (a BYU-Hawaii shirt) and Davin had a "U" painted on his cheek! What??? It was very fun to see them. I love that Davin kid.
The second half was SOOOOO intense. The last 3 minutes were even more intense. In the end, I was the happiest one in the crowd. Finally! BYU won! They have lost every single game in every single sport ever since I married a Ute, but finally they won. Here is some of our group at the game.
Scott and I in front of the final score board!
5 comments:
What a special treat- seeing pictures of B and Davin that I haven't seen before. I'm glad you all had such a great time. That game really will go down in the history books.
Great posts Alicia. I do want to clarify some things, however.
1. It was not just a game, it was a spiritual and cultural event.
2. Davin has been obviously influenced by the DARK SIDE.
3. I hope that Brie continues to wear ALLRED, but not for school colors unless she is a Seasider.
4. It would be "holey board"
5. Try Gorilla Glue for the headband.
6. It looks like Gene Simmons now has some younger competition for his spot with KISS.
That really was a great game! I am so happy that Alicia finally got to gloat. she really derves it. Even Landon and I watched it and we definitely enjoyed it. Go Cougars!!!!
Yea, Alicia for representing the Y so well amidst controversy! That really took some courage to go in blue among all that red!I loved the game!
Yay!! Brian and I stayed up till midnight listening to the game on the internet. And we are SOOO glad we did! I'm so glad you got to be there for it all. And yes, we are VERY proud that you were TRUE BLUE in the midst of all that red. (I admit, we did briefly question your loyalty for the fact that we wondered amongst ourselves whether you'd choose blue or red.) I'm so glad you got to be there for it!
Post a Comment