Yesterday we went to the Jordan River Temple together. Those in the session were Grandma, Mom, Dad, me, Bryce and Evan. I realized I had not ever been in the temple with Bryce. It was very neat for me to be there with both Bryce and Evan. We had a nice time together. In the celestial room, Mom and Dad told us about their contribution to help build that temple.
After the temple we came back to my house for dinner and Dad and Bryce came home from the grocery store with a "Party Keg" of Cream Soda for Evan's send off party. Pretty funny, eh?
This morning we all met in Provo for breakfast. It was fun to talk to Evan before his final departure. He seemed to be happy and excited. I could not get him to admit to any emotion in particular, but I would say he was excited, anxious and a little nervous.
Because of all those emotions, Evan was unable to eat his Lumberjack breakfast . . . so Brielle did. She chowed on those pancakes.
We arrived at the MTC and after Evan dropped off his luggage we took the traditional pictures.


He walked into the building and they gave him his missionary name tag. He had a very hard time figuring out how to get the dang thing on. His suit pocket was still sewn shut.
One last picture with Brie before we put the cameras away and headed into the meeting.
It was a good and short meeting. We sang "Called To Serve" , heard the talks, watched the video and that quick it was over and we had to say good bye. Evan did just as he was told, he gave everyone a quick hug and "I love you" and walked through the missionary exit door. There were no tears from him, but there certainly were from his siblings. We love Evan and will miss him, but are THRILLED for all that is to come in the next two years for him. I wish him success and hope he enjoys all the experiences a mission brings. In one of the talks they told the missionaries how they would meet people on their missions that would become some of the most important and special and cherished people in their lives. I thought of Ana and Walter Gamboa and Clara Maciel and that family of eight girls in Concordia and so many others. I love that I met those special people on my mission and that I was the one that got to teach them of the gospel of Jesus Christ. I hope Evan finds "his" people and loves them just as much. For now, best of luck to him on his first night in the MTC.
2 comments:
Thanks for the update. I find myself getting emotional at the thought of Evan being gone for two years. He really is such a big part of our lives. How many 4 year olds do you know with a 19 year old best friend? I'm proud of him and look forward to hearing his experiences and seeing him grow over the next two years. Although we will miss him, I guess I can rest easier knowing my childrens spines and necks are safe over the next couple of years. Love you Evan.
Wonder, description of yesterday. Thank you.
Post a Comment