Scott and I made something new that we both LOVED! It is a perfect fall recipe. We bought pork chops and I really wasn't sure what to do with them. Scott found a recipe online that included sweet potatoes. We had yams, but it worked well anyway. I love yams and sweet potatoes, but not when they are "candied" with brown sugar and marshmallows. Yuck. I just like a baked yam for dinner with a little salt and butter. So this recipe was perfectly delicious for me because of the yummy yams and great for Scott because of the MEAT. I thought I'd share it.INGREDIENTS:
6 pork chops, at least 3/4-inch thick
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon shortening
3 to 4 sweet potatoes, peeled and sliced
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 to 2 cups milk
PREPARATION:
Season chops with salt and pepper. Heat shortening in a heavy skillet; brown chops on both sides. Slice sweet potatoes about 1/4-inch thick. Place sliced sweet potatoes in a well-greased casserole. Dust with salt, pepper and a little of the brown sugar. Continue the layers until the casserole is about 2/3 full (or potatoes are gone). Heat the milk and pour it over the potatoes. Milk should cover the sweet potatoes. Place browned chops over the sweet potatoes. Cover and bake in a 350 degree F. oven for one hour, then remove the cover and cook until chops are tender and browned on top. Serves 6.
6 comments:
that looks divine!! Pork and yams are two of my favorite foods so it looks perfect. I definately will try it.
That looks great!We will try it, too.
I just tried copying the recipe to word, and it worked!!! So now I have it printed!Yea!!!
Yum! Great recipe. I'll let you know how mine turns out.
How interesting! I was looking at recipes for yams just yesterday!! We really ARE best friends!
I saw one recipe that looked similar to this and thought I might try it. Looks good... I think I'll try yours instead. Hey have you been on allrecipes.com? It's such a great site for recipes. that's where my fresh pumpkin pie recipe came from, thanks to Becky Duffield Jensen. Check it out if you want.
This is one recipe I'm anxious to try. Thanks
Post a Comment