Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Festival of Trees

This morning we went to the annual Festival of Trees. It was a fun morning. We woke up this morning to a lot of snow. It was beautiful! The trees and ground were covered with fresh, glistening, white powder. It had snowed all night long. This definitely put us in the Christmas mood, so we went to see all of the Christmas trees.

Festival of Trees is put on by the Primary Children's Hospital every year. People decorate (incredibly) a tree and then donate it. It is sold to the highest bidder and all proceeds go to the hospital. It's always fun to stroll through all of the decorated trees and wreaths and gingerbread houses. I should say - it is fun when it is not packed with strollers! This is why we arrived right as it opened at 10:00 am and had a very nice walk through the trees.

Brie was fascinated with the decorations and the lights. It was cute to watch her point at everything that caught her eye.
I told Scott that we each had to choose our favorite tree and take a picture with it. I had many favorites. I took pictures of them all to give me good ideas. This one I really liked.
Scott chose the baseball themed tree as his favorite.
Brie was quite astonished by the whole thing. I think her favorite part though was eating the scone.  Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Sarah A said...

I miss the Festival of Trees. I used to go every year and look at amazement at the trees. They are always beautiful. I'm glad that you guys are instilling a love for the festival in Brielle.

Jessica said...

Cool Trees

Kam said...

Brielle's little sweater (or jumper, as they say over here) and hat are so cute! Um, Alicia... in the picture with you standing by the tree, it sort of looks like you put some of your hair in a side ponytail, just because of the background behind you. I had to zoom in to see what that was all about because I know you don't normally do the side-ponytail thing. funny.

Anonymous said...

Brielle surely looks cute in pink. Sounds like a fun day.