Sunday, December 03, 2006

Brielle's New Steps

Brielle turned 11 months on November 25. I can't believe it is only one more month until her first birthday. I know all of you are counting down as well (advent calanders and all), maybe just not for the same celebration on the 25th of December, but we are so excited.

As with every new month, there are big changes. Brie now officially says "Da Da" for Daddy, "Ma Ma" for Mommy and "Ba" for Ball. When I say "officially" I mean that she really knows who Da Da is and who Ma Ma is. It was just noises before. I'll admit that she calls for Da Da a whole lot more than Ma Ma.

Another official announcement is that we are done nursing. She was fighting it more and more. I had planned to nurse until she was a year old, but she decided that is not what she wanted anymore, so we are done.

And the biggest news of all . . . . Brielle is walking. She took her first steps a couple days after she turned 11 months. She has progressively gotten better and better. The day after Thanksgiving we found a little walker at TJ Maxx that we thought might help convince her to try walking instead of crawling. It looks like it is working! It's been hilarious to watch her practice. The funniest was one day last week when I put her down for a nap and I could hear her playing and talking and then a loud thump. I peeked in to see what she was up to and she was practicing walking from one end of the crib to the other. It's hard to walk on a mattress, so she was falling and banging her head on the crib rail with each fall. This is all very exciting for her and for us, but I'm realizing how much harder it could be as well. I just got home from church and am exhausted from chasing after her. She is all over the place - playing up and down the bench and flirting with everyone behind us, climbing on top of other babies, up and down the aisles in R.S. while I am conducting, up and down the hallways, climbing on, in and around other babies car seats, patting people's bums as she stands behind their chairs, strumming on the vents during someone's testimony, etc. etc! Everyone's comment is the same - "You've got a busy one!"

Here are a couple links to short videos from before church and after. They are not the best quality because they are from the camera, sorry. Enjoy.

http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/aliciabuchanan/?action=view&current=MVI_0191-1.flv


http://s143.photobucket.com/albums/r136/aliciabuchanan/?action=view&current=MVI_0194.flv

7 comments:

Scott B. said...

The links are now at the bottom of the page. Does anyone know why they moved there? Also let us know if you have a way to post video's that is better.

Sue said...

Yea, Brielle!!! Great job! It is very hard to walk in shoes and I love the wiggle in her hips in the first one. She must have Scott's genes - I think only one person in our family walked before 1 yr. Most walked much later. and to talk; I thought most babies did one or the other. She is really doing well!

Jessica said...

Congrats to Brielle and her cheerleaders!
Is the "Scott's Gene's" comment referring to the wiggle in the hips? If so, I am curious and offended at the same time. 1- As a speical Christmas request, I would like to see the "Scott's Genes" hip wiggle and 2- I think those who belong to Alicia's Gene pool should prepare to bring it.

Anonymous said...

Good Job Bri!! This is so exciting. More exploring for Brielle and more running after her for Scott & Alicia. But you gotta love it, it's a blast. Jazlyn also started walking just before she turned 11 months. They are just ready to keep going at it. Have fun.

laura said...

Wow- Go Brielle!! Davin didn't walk until 16 months so we are all very impressed. I love the first video with the almost fall- nice recovery. I forgot how cute this stage is for babies. And for her to do it just in time for Christmas--- Perfect- Now an even faster target for Kea and the boys. Good Luck Brie.

Teresa said...

I love the videos! She is adorable, and apparently a fast learner. :) I love that she was so anxious to turn around and go back the other direction. All of my kids once the got to me just stopped and sat down. They finished the race, why go the extra mile. I will try to teach them to do better.

Anonymous said...

Brielle is a smart one, and she has exceptional parents.