Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Easter Party. . . . Help?

We have a little play group from church for the preschool age kids. I am in charge of the Easter party next Wednesday. There are usually about 8 moms and 12 kids. Most of the kids are age 2 - 3 years old. I need help. This will be the first time that I host a little kid get together or party EVER. I don't know what to do. Please, please share your ideas.

I know most of you have been doing kid Easter parties, etc. for a while. Do you have any fun ideas for crafts? I want to have a few games. And what about snacks? Any and all ideas for a fun party are appreciated. Thank you. Thank you.

5 comments:

Teresa said...

Sounds like fun Alicia. Of course you should do an easter egg hunt if possible. And the best website for crafts and kid stuff is dltk-kids.com I use that website for preschool age fun all the time.

Sue said...

I love having them collect the eggs, or play some other game, by color. You could have a sheet of paper with the colors on it so they know what they are looking for. Or play a sorting game, everyone gets jelly beans, sort by color. You can have a paper for that, too, like 3 blues, 2 greens, etc. You can make shakers out of the plastic eggs. Fill them with different things for different sounds. For a craft make flowers out of cup cake liners, make a garden on a piece of paper. Have a wonderful party.

laura said...

Our Easter Party is the one party each year where we don't plan anything. We all go to the park and bring 6 filled eggs per child that will be hunting. We let the kids play while we hide them, and then let them hunt. We also each bring a snack/drink/treat to share. The kids just love to run and play and eat.
(Sorry. I just realized that it is still too cold there to just go to a park. Look at the site Teresa gave.)

Randi said...

Aw, man. Everybody's got to make their own bunny ears. Headband, construction paper, cotton balls. You could follow it up with a little face-painting. Bunny nose. Whiskers.

I'll keep thinking about this...

laura said...

I forgot to mention my favorite thing to serve at an Easter Party- those little nests made out of chow mein noodles and marshmallows. Fill them with jelly beans. My kids ask all year to make these.