Monday, March 17, 2008

St. Patrick's Day!

We are having a festive day of doing the laundry, staying home after many busy days and napping. We are all wearing green though. I learned the hard way to get some green on. My pajamas that I put on last night had no green in them and I got pinched 20 times this morning by Scott before he left for work. Yea, not so funny when you're still asleep in bed. Nice huh? We are ready now though.

Brie and I did make a fun St. Patrick's Day shamrock to celebrate. I told her about Leprechauns and pots of gold, but she just isn't getting it and really doesn't care. We've been talking about the Easter Bunny lately and he wins out over Leprechauns because he will bring candy. Santa Claus is still the most talked about of all though, and for good reason.

The shamrock had a song to go with it. Here is our St. Patrick's Day tribute to you and yours.

Scott came home from work and made us corned beef, cabbage and red potatoes. I have to be completely honest here and say . . . it was TOTALLY DELICIOUS! I'm serious. I was a little nervous. It was sooooooo good. I love cabbage and it went perfectly with the saltiness of the corned beef. Who knew? The Irish I guess.

7 comments:

Sarah A said...

I'm impressed you made corned beef and cabbage. Landon has asked for it every year and I just can't bring myself to do it. Maybe I'll have to get your recipes for next year.

Kam said...

Wow! Your shamrock idea is very cool. We forgot about St Patty's. Weird, but they don't really even mention it over here... and we're so close to Ireland. I didn't wear green, and didn't even get pinched one time (No Scooty around). Brie looks cute waving her shamrock around... how long did the fruit loops last??

Teresa said...

I have had corned beef and cabbage before and really liked it. I love the crafts you are doing with Brie. I SO remember doing that with Steven and maybe a little with Nathan. But life has gotten a little crazy somewhere between then and now. :0 And ditto to Kamber...no one mentioned St. Patty's day in Germany either.

Sue said...

I love your St. Patrick's day celebration. We did wear green and our paper had an Irish stew recipe so I made that. It used Yukon gold potatoes and they were wonderful! I will never make stew with russets again. It also had turnips and pearl barley, it was very good. We always had corned beef and cabbage; I use the canned corned beef. It is easy and quick. You kids are 1/8 irish you know; more of that than the 1/16 mexican that you are.

Buchanan House said...

Cute shamrock, darling song (and singer) and delicious looking meal. It looks and sounds like a very successful St. Patrick's Day at your house.

Melody said...

I got pinched and I WAS wearing green! Men! =)

Roger said...

1. That Brie is quite the singer.
2. Corned beef and cabbage can be eaten year-round (unless you are on a low-sodium diet)
3. I kept hoping, but no one pinched me.