Hooray! This week Scott and I both made it to a goal that we have been working toward together.Some of you have noticed that we (mostly Scott has been noticed) have been losing weight. I gained weight being pregnant with Ava and then it didn't come off so easily after she was born. We then went right into Thanksgiving and Christmas and I just kept eating and kept not fitting into my clothes. I figured I better lose some weight or buy a whole new wardrobe (although that does sound good). Scott is such a good husband :) that he gains weight when I am pregnant too. How nice huh? He wanted to lose some Brie weight and some Ava weight.
Soooooooo, on January 3 we started Weight Watchers. It has been so great! I can not say enough good about Weight Watchers. We've done it together so that has made it a lot easier! We have been pretty good about staying within our point boundaries every day and I feel like we have eaten really good meals and never felt hungry or deprived. The major thing we have cut out of our lives is eating out or being REALLY careful when we do. Scott is so strict about accounting for everything he eats and getting up EVERY morning at 6am to work out. All in all, it really hasn't been hard and I feel like we have learned so much!
We have "weighed in" and reported to each other (and my sister Laura) every Monday since we started and as of this Monday, I hit a 20 pound weight loss and Scott hit a 30 pound weight loss! HOORAY!!!
We have said when we got to these milestones we would celebrate with Training Table Cheese Fries. They do sound good but I just don't know if I can bring myself to do it. We both want to keep going! Do we dare tempt ourselves with delicious, greasy, cheesy fries????
12 comments:
Congratulations on sticking to your planned diet and accomplishing your weight goal. You have great determination and will-power.
Yeah! I am so happy for you both. I would say do the fries with control and get right back to the plan for dinner or lunch whatever comes after cheese fries that day. I would treat myself and it does not hurt if you get right back on track. You might be surprised I some how still ended up losing a little bit of weight on those weeks when I had treated myself to something bad. Enjoy! You deserve to be bad-once in a while...
DOOOO IT! Do it for all of those who can't. I LOVE those cheese fries. Mmmmmm....
And congratulations! I have a feeling Mike & I will be joining the WW ranks in about 9 months...
Yay! I am so happy for you both! Great job! The cheese fries sound totally against all you have been doing; is there something else celebritory that has some redeeming value? Oh, I guess fries are vegetables, so they are redeemed.
gotta love those cheese fries, there is nothing better. Just make it a half order, then you only have half the explaining to do :) but congratulations on meeting your goals, I wish I could say the same. My sis does WW, and it totally has been working for her too. Is Sushi good on your points JK, lets go.
Awesome job both of you! What a good test of self control. I am signing up for WW right now!
Your enthusiasm for losing the weight has totally inspired me. I'm getting serious about shedding the Spencer baby weight, starting now. But... I still say you and Scott DESERVE the cheese fries. It's like your dad and his McMuffin once a month. Indulgence every now and then is okay, and especially when it's been your incentive these past weeks and months. Way to go!! Maybe Brian and I should start reporting to you and Scott. :)
You guys are awesome! Congratulations on the Weight Watchers success!
Way to go, guys! We are most impressed. And go for the cheese fries! You deserve a brief little indulgence to celebrate sticking to your goals. That's my take. Becky would recommend laying off sweets and soda forever; to each his own.--Timo
Cheese fries- really??? That's your big indulgence. I think I would opt for a cholocate molten lava cake, or stadium nachos, or a huge burrito. You deserve to eat whatever you want though.
DON'T DO IT!!!! YOU WILL BOTH GAIN 100 LBS.
Hooray for you! Don't do the cheese fries, they will make you feel ill (they make me feel ill, at any rate). Celebrate with chocolate.
R
Post a Comment