Monday, October 01, 2007

The Greatest Show on Earth

The circus came to town! Brielle has loved it. Last Wednesday, Scott called from work to tell us that they were going to be marching the elephants down the main street of Gateway and to get down there (his office is there). So, I loaded the girls up and we went to see the elephants on parade. Brielle watched fascinated and stunned as the huge elephants came by with clowns on top of them. Brie waiting for the elephants to make their way down Main St. Ava and I waiting for the elephants. Ava slept from the time we left the house until the time we got her back home into the house. Newborns are great.

After seeing the elephants we decided to take Brie to the circus on Saturday! We just bought one ticket and she and I went together. We haven't been able to go out and do fun things together recently, so this was great for both of us. We saw horses, zebras, elephants, tigers, dogs in dresses, clowns, acrobats and cotton candy for $12. She loved it all! It really was fun.

Brie enjoying her favorite part of the circus. I decided to get her one treat and this was the very cheapest at a whooping $4!

We had decided that Brie and I would take the train home. Brielle has been very excited about seeing the "choo choo train" whenever we do see it, so we thought this would be fun. It was. Kind of. We came out of the circus to freezing 37 degree weather, icey, slushy, snowy rain and neither of us had coats. I was actually in a short sleeve shirt and sandals. We waited for the train in the cold while Brie kept saying, "coat. hat. blanket.". I felt so bad. We were freezing. We finally got on the train where it was nice and warm, but a few stops later we were leaving the "free zone" and I realized I hadn't bought a ticket! I was so afraid that they would check me and I would get in big trouble that I made Brie and I get off the train. We just needed to buy a ticket and get on the next train. The problem was that we were out in the cold again and a ticket cost $1.60 and I only had a $1. And we were in a not so good neighborhood, so there was no where to get money! I just held and hugged Brie to keep her warm and then found a man to ask 60 cents from. We got back on a train and Scott picked us up at the end of the line. Yeah!!
Driving home from the train. September 29 and it is really snowing!
Our house covered in snow in September!

7 comments:

Scott B. said...

The real reason Ava and I didn't go is that we were scheduled to attend the PETA rally outside the circus. However, because the weather was so bad we stayed home and Ava made me watch football. BORING!

Sue said...

Oh My Goodness! When I talked with Scott it wasn't sticking. That looks like a real storm! You will always remember this day. We haven't been to a circus for a long time, it looks like a lot of fun. Wish I had been there.

Anonymous said...

We spent the afternoon at a GARDEN WEDDING for Ruth Ann's son, Tyler Cisneros. WOW! It was pouring rain which quickly turned to icy snow. Everyone was wet and freezing, so we all then CROWDED into the house. The circus looked more fun, but it sounds like you had a cold trip back home. What a day! Let's hope Halloween night will be warmer.

Roger said...

1. I love football
2. I hate snow
3. I love the circus
4. I hate snow
5. I love big lollipops
6. I hate snow
7. I love my Buchanans
8. I hate snow
9. I love riding public transportation.
10. You get the drill.

A, M and S said...

What an adventure! We had a record 1.17 inches of rain in one day (well, it was a record for that day not for the most rain in one day). A day you won't soon forget.
R

Kam said...

Wow, it's a good thing Roger lives in Sunny Cal... I'm sure it helps him be a much more positive person for several snow-infested months of the year!

The circus looks like sooo much fun. I just let Sam see the pictures and she kept saying "Bee! Bee!" (Brie, Brie) every time she saw Brielle. Cute. Why didn't you bring coats?? Just wondering. :)

Teresa said...

That is a great story! Sorry for taking so long to comment lately. I feel like I am always holding Brandon when I am at the computer, which makes it hard to type.
It is interesting to me to see your pictures of the circus. It looks like tons of fun by the way. But, we went to a circus here, and everything was so trashy, and old and just kind of looked like crap. And it was quite expensive for us. So, it is interesting for me to see how little you spent and everything looks shiny and new, and nicely painted. Culture difference is fascinating to me.