Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Ava Meets Grandma

My parents were leaving to Europe for a couple weeks when Ava was born. They went to visit my sister Teresa's new baby in Germany. This meant they were not able to be here for Ava's first weeks. My mom kept trying and trying to get up here and finally was able to clear her schedule enough to make it. I am SOOOOOOOOOO glad she did. I was thrilled to have her and my sister Tawna meet little Ava finally.
My mom and Tawna drove up from California and spent the last few days with us. They left this morning. It has been wonderful to have them here. I appreciate them making the long drive to be with us so much. I am already sad they are gone. Brie is also. She just asked to go with grandma and Tawna in the car. Good thing they will be here again next month!!
My sister Tawna sleeping with baby Ava. Tawna is so good with kids. She was such a help. She notices things that no one else does. Pretty amazing for someone who has never had children. She even remembered to tell me when it was time to feed Ava again. Wow. I wish she would live with us for the next 18 or so years.

4 comments:

Jessica said...

How is it that Tawna is so good with kids? I think it is cute that there is now a picture of both Tawna and Bryce asleep on your couch with baby Ava.
It looks like you had a great weekend.

Anonymous said...

What a nice visit you had with grandma Susan and Tawna. I know they really loved seeing both girls. The pictures on the blog are wonderful to look at and to save. What a great age we live in with the new cameras and computers to keep records of these precious moments in our lives.

Teresa said...

Ava is so beautiful! Sorry, I just have to start every comment with that statement. :) I am so glad Mom and Tawna got to come. I am sure you all had a wonderful time. Tawna is amazing isn't she!
I find the picture of the 2 strollers funny. :-) My friend here who uses public transportation has a 5 month old and a 2.5 year old. She was so confused how she was going to get around with her and two strollers. haha She has figured it out though and she doesn't use the two strollers. I am all about the front pack. I don't know what I would do without that invention.

Kam said...

WOW! Your parents' travel schedule is AMAZING!! How do they DO it?!?! I love that they're making the rounds, seeing all their kids around the world. Way to go, Susan and Roger!! Those are some darling pictures of your weekend.