Wednesday, October 10, 2007

General Conference Weekend


We had a WONDERFUL general conference weekend. I was so glad that my mom, Tawna, Landon, Sarah, Aiden and Bryce could all be with us. What a great weekend of eating, listening to conference and hanging out with each other. We loved it.

Saturday morning we made a big breakfast of French Toast and sat to listen to conference together. Afterward, Bryce, Tawna, mom and I rushed out the door in the rain, sleet and snow to attend the afternoon session. It was very nice to be there and I was excited for Tawna and Mom to be there for the first time. It is always a neat atmosphere to be at the conference center with so many others. Bryce and Landon got to attend the priesthood session at the conference center as well.

On Sunday we started out with another big breakfast and then we all watched the morning session together. I loved this session. You know, conference is very different for me these days. I still absolutely love conference weekend, but it has changed. I used to make it a point to dress in Sunday clothes, go to the church to watch (even when it was on at home), take notes in my note pad and then study each talk when the Ensign came out. This time it was all I could do to get us up, dressed and fed by the time it started. I'm sleep deprived so my ability to focus was not so good. And we have kids that are needing attention throughout the whole 2 hours. I look forward to reading the talks and seeing if I can get more out of them.

I did love Sister Beck, Elder Eyring, Elder Bednar and Elder Oak's talks. I love that we were asked to look again at what we are doing and choose the best use of our time instead of just a good use. Conference is always such a great time to reevaluate and make new goals.

Here are some pictures of our conference weekend together with some of the fam:We had delicious white chili with all the fixings for lunch on Sunday.This is why Brie and Bryce love each other soooooo much!
Tawna entertaining Aiden and Brielle with a book. We love Aunt Tawna.
Aido enjoying one of Brielle's precious turtles.
Aiden checking out baby Ava just before the pounce.

And here are the real pictures of everyone enjoying conference together:



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

lots of comments...
1. That's so cool that you got to go to the Conference center for a session. I bet you stayed awake for that one!
2. is that view of the mountains from your house?! It's gorgeous!
3. Hilarious pictures of everyone "listening intently" to conference. Everyone is so... reverent??
4. Aiden is adorable! I can't believe how much he's grown. Love the blondey-blonde hair.
5. I wish we had an Uncle Bryce and an Aunt Tawna in our family. Single siblings are a blessing for nieces and nephews.

Roger said...

I love Conference, especially when my loved ones are meditating so intently. Count Krista in on that action, but she was still in bed.
Piko and I chose to skip the meditation and go for The Spiritual Gold!

PS Now I know what it feels like to be in NYC

Sue said...

What a great weekend! Thank you for hosting it; your home is so comfortable and inviting! I am so happy that we could come. The pictures of us watching conference are hilarious. The only thing that could have made it better is more family being there (like Dad and Krista).

Teresa said...

I love your house! And it looks like so much fun to have everyone hangin' out on Conference weekend. The sleeping pictures are great. :)