* She is now sleeping in her "big girl bed". We got the rails put up on the bed and I asked her if she wanted to sleep in her crib or the big girl bed for her nap. She answered "the big girl bed". So she slept there for nap and then at bed time. I thought this would be a bigger adjustment/ordeal than it was. She just goes to bed there now with no problem. She's never looked back.
* She can tell us when she needs to go to the bathroom. She tells us "poop" or "poopy" and if we go put her on the toilet, she goes! She seems ready for potty training, but I don't know if I am. I guess I have to do it. (The funniest is when she yells out "POOP!" in the middle of sacrament meeting.)
* She LOVES wearing dresses! She will beg and cry to wear a dress. If I put her in something else, she'll go find a dress and put it on over what she is wearing. I have to hide the summer dresses so we don't have this fight every morning. It's too cold. She puts on a dress then twirls and twirls and then goes to look at herself in the mirror. She then says, "so pretty". 
* She is really into dressing herself and undressing herself. She does this with dolls too. She is always trying to put on pants and shirts and dresses and shoes and sometimes she does it correctly. When she does it right she yells out, "I did it!". Mostly she likes to take clothes off and yell, "Naked!". So she gets to have "naked time" (with a diaper) every evening between dinner and bed time.
* She loves to help me cook. She always pulls her stool up to the counter to watch. Or she gets out a pot and spoon and pretends to cook along with me. Don't tell her, but we bought her a little kitchen off of Craigslist for her birthday.
*She really likes having a band aid. On Saturday she begged for a band aid. I asked her where she needed it and she kept telling me her head. So, finally, I gave in and put one on her forehead. A few people at Costco asked her about it and she would get a sad face and tell them she had an owie there. Whatever. The next day she found some really cool "band aids" and stuck them on her mouth.
* She can tell you most of the basic colors. She'll tell you that this turtle is pink, this one is purple, this one is yellow, etc. She also knows numbers. She counts 1 - 2 - 3 - 4. If she has two of something she always tells you, "Two turtles!"
* Starting a few months ago she decided she no longer wanted to take baths. She only will take a shower and loves it. She'll stay in the shower forever playing.
5 comments:
Brie is so funny and so cute! We miss her. I cannot believe how smart she is and how much she is becoming a little girl. SAD :( We definitely need to get together soon.
How fun to see into Brielles's life. She really is growing up! What a great thing to watch!
LOVE the "band-aid" pic...PRICELESS!
Oh, hilarious. I only wish she would have found her "band-aid" at church or in a store or something. I can't believe she is almost 2- why, it seems like just yesterday...
Post a Comment