Sunday, October 14, 2007

Perfect Autumn Day

Today was the perfect fall day. I love, love, love this time of year. I really grew to love it while living in the Northeast. I love when all the leaves change color and the weather is cooler and you get to pull out sweaters again and I even love baseball play offs and college football.

The leaves on all the trees in our neighborhood are changing, so I've been really wanting to go up the canyon and see how pretty things are there. This morning we got everyone ready for church and then left on a Sunday drive. All we had to do was drive up the street from our house to Little Cottonwood Canyon. Just 10 minutes away. It was gorgeous! We drove and took pictures and got out and walked around by a river. We then ate the lunch that Scott had packed for us. It was then time for church, so we drove out of the canyon and right to church. It was great.

These are some pictures from our drive.







After church we came home and changed quickly and then walked to our neighborhood "walk about". It was so fun. All the neighbors started at one house for caramel and apples and then continued together from house to house through the neighborhood. They had scones, hot chocolate and chips and salsa. It was all outside in people's drive ways so the boys threw footballs, the kids ran around and everyone else visited with each other. We had a nice time getting to know our neighbors. And it was the perfect end to the perfect autumn day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW! The canyon is beautiful--and so are you four in the pictures. Glad you had a great day.

Sue said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Now I wish we had gone while we were there. I want to go to that place next time we are up (maybe not til next spring). Thanks for sharing such great pictures of your family!

Dunn Family said...

You have the cutest family. I love all the pics. It makes me want to drive up the canyon. Great pics of all of you!

A, M and S said...

Scott,
Is that a scruff of beard on your chin? What are you thinking!?
R

Teresa said...

Beautiful pictures! I love autumn pictures, they look so colorful and pretty.
I can't imagine going hiking in the canyon BEFORE church with my family by the way. :-)

Jeni said...

Alicia, beautiful pictures to go with your beautiful family! Makes me miss Boston and the beautiful fall foliage and weather...we are having an "unseasonably warm" fall so far...it was over 80 here today..yuck..a storm headed our way from the Rockies should cool things down! Thanks for sharing your taste of fall!