Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Nine Month Appointment

Our baby Brie turned nine months old on Monday! Can you believe it? I can't. I always tried to imagine what she would be like at nine months and just couldn't picture it. Now I can't imagine her any other way. She is a "live wire" as my grandma says. She is so active. She crawls everywhere. She pulls herself up on to anything easily and then walks along it. She loves to walk around the house being held by the hands. She eats everything now and even picks the bits of food up and puts them in her own mouth. She is very happy. She squeals and babbles all the time. She is also learning some independence and definitely lets us know when she is not happy with something (usually an item being removed from her mouth that shouldn't be there). We love her and are so happy she is ours.

Along with turning nine months came another doctor's appointment with Uncle Brian. He checked her out and all looks good and healthy. She is progressing along her developmental milestones and has a healthy heart and healthy ears, etc. And, surprise, surprise . . . she is small. Her stats were:

Weight: 16 lbs. (5th percentile)
Height: 27 inches (27th percentile)
Head: 43.4 cm (25th percentile)

I took the camera this time because I wanted pictures of Dr. Brian and Brielle. Well, I got so into what Brian was saying and doing that I forgot about taking pictures. So, we have some of us.
The nurse poked Brie's big toe to draw blood to check her iron. She put a band aid on her toe that was pink and purple. Brielle could focus on nothing but getting that band aid OFF! She sucked on it until it finally came off and then laid back and enjoyed the victory of removing the band aid.
 Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Too Cute! I love her. I was reading your blog telling Steve Brie weighs less than half of what our boys weighed when they were born. And she is 9 months! And I have never had any stat lower than the 60th percentile. Well, I don't have stats for Jacob, but I can't imagine he is any different than his brothers. Crazy.

Roger said...

She is adorable for a runt. Of course, she is just taking after her mom.

Anonymous said...

wow! 16 pounds? That's crazy! Sam's got to be over 20 now. And by the way, you look like YOU weigh 16 pounds in that picture where you're holding her... skinny mommy! Cute picts.

Anonymous said...

What a darling little girl. You are so lucky to have her, and she is lucky to have such terrific parents. Little girls are supposed to be petite, and she is so active and so alert to everything around her. Give her an extra hug from me. XO

Roger said...

Another thought - maybe you should feed her so she doesn't have to go searching for bandaids to eat.

Sue said...

I love the pictures of Brielle. She is so cute. I agree with Rama, she should be petite. I think you were about the same size. Plus, she does have fat on her.