We wanted to do this heart walk in support of some of our family members who have had heart troubles, most especially my dad. It was a fun morning. We got to Wheeler Farm SUPER early and hung out with all the other walkers and ate Costco muffins for breakfast. They then had a little pep rally for us to get us ready for the big walk. I thought this was supposed to be a 5k and was excited to have a good morning walk. We started out and went three times around a loop and were done. It was maybe only 1 mile, but I guess it got the job done.
So, thank you, thank you, thank you to those who helped out! We hope that what we did in raising this money will help in the cause of future advances for heart patients like my dad and other family members.
3 comments:
Way to go you guys! Looks like fun. Where did Brie get that cute pink blanket with her name on it?
I can't image that we walked for 34 minutes and only did a mile. Alicia is convinced that is the case though.
That looks like a wonderful way to spent Saturday. I am sure Brielle loved it, what a nice stroller! My guess is that the 1 mile in 34 minutes is right, you really look like you are strolling rather than speed walking. With so many people, you can't really go very fast.
Post a Comment