Friday, September 29, 2006

Mill Creek Canyon Hike

It's fall! I love the fall. I've been missing the leaves changing and picking apples and the cool weather of fall in the East. There is nothing so wonderful as being in New England in October. We do enjoy some beautiful leaves here in Utah too though. We went to check them out today. Scott got home from work and we drove up Mill Creek canyon just behind our house. It was gorgeous. Beautiful fall colors! We did a 3 mile hike at the top of the canyon. It seemed to be UPHILL the whole way. And there was SNOW. Wow. Brie rode in the back carrier and loved the hike. She always does. She looks at the leaves and the river and pulled on Scott's hair. We hiked all the way up to the ridgeline where we were able to over look most of Mill Creek canyon. It was a beautiful spot and the sun was shining on all the yellow and orange and red leaves. We also found a log swing up there. Cool huh? It was a great fall hike. Hopefully it won't be our last before it gets too cold.


 Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The fall is truly a beautiful time. Our sugar maple tree has lovely orange leaves on it--but they are falling off too fast. It's nice that you take time to enjoy the warm sunny days before winter comes.

Anonymous said...

We went apple picking today and it was great! I love the fall too. I'm kind of sad that fall is almost over in Utah and I'll probably miss the best two weeks of fall here (just a few trees have changed). No fall for me this year, I guess.

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS picts of the hills! Wow!! That REALLY makes me miss Conference in Vermont... even though it's not Vermont. It's getting crisp and nice here, too. But mainly rainy, and our roof has a leak right into our bedroom. not good.