
Well, I am right now eating one of my very favorite meals of all time and I thought I would share it with you. It is the perfect season for it. I've had it for lunch a few times this week already.
So, I went to Fred and Rama's and gathered up some of their deliciously ripe tomatoes and then went to the store and got fresh basil and mozzarella (the squishy kind). I lay slices of tomato and mozzarella out on a plate. Then cut up the basil and sprinkle it on top. I then drizzle a little bit of olive oil and balsamic vinegar on top. YUM! I love it. Today I am eating it with a tortilla that I cooked up from the frozen tortilla dough we found at Costco. Perfect lunch. Thank you to Fred and Rama for such delicious tomatoes.
5 comments:
It does look delicious. We'll have to try it sometime before the tomatoes are gone for this season.
Alicia! This looks very good, but I hope you are eating more than that. No wonder you look so good.
landon and I have been eating that same thing constantly! delicious!!
That is a huge european thing called Caprese Salad. I think it is Italian. I am happy to see that they have the squishy mozzerella in the states because that is all we eat and we love it. Surprisingly I have taught myself to like tomatoes and I serve that exact same thing at least 3 times a week with dinner. They also have a special seasoning for it here that I will have to bring for you and Sarah when I come home. Looks Yummy!
Where's the crust?
Post a Comment