Thursday, September 13, 2007

Paternity Leave

There are few things that are as important to me as having a loving, kind, caring and fun father for my children. I certainly have that in Scott. We are lucky enough to have two weeks paid paternity leave for him when we have a baby. With Ava we took one week now and we'll take another one later. Paternity leave ended yesterday and today is my first day home alone with a newborn and a toddler. So far, so good.

During Scott's week of paternity leave he took good care of me, Ava and Brielle. He and Brie had so much fun! I know they are both missing each other today. I'm missing Scott being here today too. I wanted to share some pictures of their paternity leave week of fun together. Thank you to Scott for being such a great daddy!
Scott and Brie built a "castle house" out of the stereo box. Brie was so excited to hide in it and open the door and look out the windows.
Scott even made Brie a pretend phone for her house. Here she is talking to grandma, as usual.
Scott read books to Brie every night before bed. She loved having so many books read instead of just the usual bed time one.
We got these cool soda bottle holders free (can you believe it?) with the pizza we ordered. Scott put them on Brie's ankles like leg warmers and she did some jazzercise. Doesn't she look like she belongs in Flashdance or Fame?
Warming up. This is the first time I've attempted a pony tail in her hair.
Stretch!
Yesterday morning Scott took Brie to the state fair. She had the best time of her life. I wish I could have been there so bad. This is the daddy and daughter as they were headed out the door to see the animals.
Brie petting the goats.
An Allred Hog Farm! Who knew? Maybe that is where we can have our next Allred family reunion.Brie was fascinated by the mommy pig and all of her baby "piggies".
Bunnies!!!Brie came home talking all about how she saw a cow get a bath.
Cows!!!
Brie and daddy rode on a BIG yellow slide and then they got to go play at "Little Hands on The Farm". This is the cutest thing. Brie got to collect eggs from the hens, pick apples from the tree, plant seeds, etc. At the end they get paid a dollar for their work on the farm and they get to choose a treat.
She also got to go on a pony ride. I think that was her absolute favorite.
Brie has been having her own fun with baby Ava. Here is the snack that she gave her last night. I'm sure Ava will love cherry tomatoes just like Brie does.

9 comments:

Scott B. said...

It sure does stink to come back to work! How can I become independantly wealthy so i can stay home and have fun...instead of coming to work? ideas?

Steve said...

Ava looks adorable, the house looks great, the farm animals make me miss the US. Congrats on Ava, that's really awesome!

Anonymous said...

So sorry you had to be born to poor school teachers instead of wealthy parents. Oh well. Life is never fair. But you surely turned out to be a great son, husband and father. And that is much more important than having lots of money. So hang in there and enjoy going to work. We loved the pictures of you and Brielle at the state fair.

Teresa said...

I am so happy that you married Scott and that he does such a good job of taking care of his 3 girls. :)
It sounds like you all had a wonderful week. The first week with Scott back at work may be tricky, but you'll get the hang of it before you know it.
I am just amazed at how beautiful Ava is! I want to hold her right now. Brielle looks pretty stinkin cute in those pictures too. The one with her in the apron is the cutest!

laura said...

How fun. What a great idea. Take time off and actually stay home. I want to try that. Ava is gorgeous. Brielle looks SO cute with the ponytail and legwarmers. I love those pictures. And I want to move to Utah- Who gets paid at their state fair??????? Looks very fun, and very smelly.

Dunn Family said...

You guys have the cutest family! Scott, you are a really good dad. I am sure Brie really misses having you home with her. she looks so cute doin the Jazzercise! We want to come see you guys!

Kam said...

I love the pictures of Brie's "legwarmers" and ponytail. Yay, she has enough hair! And the fair looks soooo fun, especially the pony ride! Does Brie actually sleep in the BIG bed now? or just read stories, then back to her crib?? Just curious. I love her gift to Ava! That must have been quite a sacrifice to give up a luscious cherry tomato.

Anonymous said...

I am laughing out loud at Brie's "warm up" pictures. How fun would that be to have Scott as a dad? Haha!
Ooh goodness, both your girls really are gorgeous.
I can't wait to see them!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE them still in a onesie as a toddler, so easy to unsnap the crotch and take off the nappy, get lovely pics of her sweet littlepussy,then go to video lay her down and eat herpussy se her kick like mad and squeal as I suck on her clittyandpussy, fingers in her and softly pleasure her while my dickis in her mouth, too young to cumin her mouth so rub it on her cunylips and cumon her, mmmmmmmmmmmmm lovely video to jackoff to for years