Ava got blood drawn for her PKU test and was weighed, measured and checked out by Dr. Buchanan. She has gained a pound in the 2 weeks since birth and now weighs 7 lbs. 13 oz. Yeah! The nursing is working! (She left the hospital at 6 lbs. 15 oz.) Dr. Buchanan said everything looks and sounds perfect! I love hearing that. She certainly looks perfect to me. 
Here is Ava recovering from her first visit to the doctor.
Brielle made out the best with our visit to the doctor. She didn't have to get shots or anything this time! And she still came away with a pony band aid, a strawberry shortcake sticker and two new turtles. Brielle loves the turtles she gets at the doctor's office. She has held on to her pink and purple turtle since our last visits. She carries them around in her honey pot (that came with her bee costume last halloween) everywhere she goes. She always wants the turtles with her. They sleep with her in bed. They go to church with us. They get to hide in her new potty. Today was an extra exciting day because she got two new turtles!!! Boy, was she thrilled. She got a orange one and a yellow one. She was VERY happy! 
Here is Brielle watching Sesame Street while I made lunch when we got home. Notice the new orange and yellow turtles on either side of her.
This is what I found when I went in to get Ava because she was crying. Brielle has found a very effective way to deal with a hungry crying baby.
5 comments:
I thought Brie was in the big bed now. Where does Ava sleep? Isn't it funny what kids hang on to. You spend all your money on expensive toys, and all they want is some stupid sweatband they got a SLC Buzz(or is itBees) game.
That is so funny that Brie is so attached to those turtles. We never got any turtles or toys from Dr. Buchanan! Hmmm....maybe we should go get some! Brie must be favorite! That is so cute. I love the pic of Ava's feet, so cute!
I love the little turtles -- so cute that Brie loves them so much. Did I tell you, Samantha's Sox Bear got lost at the end of our Norway trip? Sad, sad. But we found a replacement and try not to mention Sox Bear much.
I also love the picture of Ava's feet. Would probably look great in B&W too.
I'm glad that all went well on your visit to the doctor. What sweet little girls you have. I need a little snapshot of them to show and brag about. Also, I miss tending Brielle.
OMG!! Almost 2 and still her her crib I want to get hernaked and we can sexuallypleasure each other
Post a Comment