Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Introducing Ava Elizabeth Buchanan!


After a long day of contractions that started at 5:30 am, being sent home from the Hospital at 1:30 pm after an hour with no contractions, then being admitted at 7:30 with an epidural in place by 9:00. Baby Ava was born at 10:18pm weighing in at 7lbs 5 oz. and 20 1/2 inches long. I bathed her, watched her get blood drawn a few times for pre-cautionary measures and didn't see Alicia again until about 1:25 am. Ava and Alicia are both doing well!









26 comments:

Landon said...

She looks great. I can't wait to see her. I'll be there tonight!

Dunn Family said...

She is so CUTE!!! How much did she weigh????? We can't wait to see her in person!

Dunn Family said...

duh, I should have read before I posted! I just wanted to see the pics!

Sue said...

WONDERFUL!!! She is beautiful! Congratulations!!! I was thinking; I have been out of the country 3 times, each time a child is due while I am out. I am happy that Ava got here before we left. I can hardly wait to meet her.

Sue said...

I have had trips when 4 babies came, one was in the country. That is almost half. I wonder if there is a correlation.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!! I think it is funny that we were talking yesterday about how she was already at a 3 and that the dr said the baby would come early...I'm sure you weren't thinking last night! She is beautiful!

Congrats again!!!

Missy

laura said...

Wow! That was a shock. SO much happened after I got off the phone with you yesterday. Ava is absolutely beautiful. Her face is perfect and she looks kind of chubby. I mean, she's no Brandon, but she looks like she's healthy. I am so happy you got your epidural and your contractions are over. Well done.

laura said...

Oh, by the way--- HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!! I hope that hospital has a nice cafeteria!

Sue said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

Anonymous said...

She's very cute! That is so exciting! We're happy everything went so well. Congratulations!

Brian

Anonymous said...

Congratulations from the Jenkins family...we are SO happy for you and just wished we lived closer to give you all hugs in person! And Happy Anniversary too...what a wonderful time for your family. We love you.

Timo said...

Welcome to Ava, congrats to you all, and Happy Anniversary! What a memorable, happy time for your family. We are thrilled for you! Best wishes,
Becky, Caroline Elizabeth, & Tim

Teresa said...

OK, so Ava's timing is a little off, but she is still giving you a memorable anniversary of laying in a hospital bed. :)
She is a gorgeous baby! She really does have a perfect face. I don't see any resemblance to Brielle though.
I am so happy she came early and that you got your epidural. Everything sounds wonderful! Congrats.

A, M and S said...

Hey,
You have the same initials as me! AEB and AEB
A

Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both! She is beautiful...she looks great and so do you mom.

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary and congratulations on bringing such a beautiful little girl into this world. I think she looks like Alicia. Your two little daughters will have years of fun together--it's nice to have sisters so close in age. Best wishes to all!

Anonymous said...

I was so excited that I forgot to put my name on that last message. Love from Rama and Fred.

Sue said...

Everytime I open this post, it makes me smile. She looks perfect and you look great. I am happy for you all over again.

Todd and Anna said...

Ava- welcome to the world, we are glad to have you here. Your Mom and Dad worked hard getting you here, so try to be nice to them. Sleep lots, eat lots, and make sure you Dad has to change the messy diapers.
Congrats to you all, thanks for the quick post and photos. We wish you all the best.

Bayless said...

congrats!!! I wish we could be there to come see her. Welcome to the two kid club. We miss you and are glad everything went well.
Kim

badgatos said...

Buchanan Clan! We are so happy for you. Ava is a darling name and we can't wait to meet her. Gilbert says he thinks she looks like Alicia. I love the fat wrinkles in her arms in the picture of her in just her diaper. Sweetness! Love, Familia Rojas

laura said...

After careful examination I have decided that Ava has Alicia's lips. That's all I can come up with. We're eagerly awaiting pictures of Ava and the not-so-big big sister.

Kam said...

Do I dare leave a comment when there are already 22?! But oh, she is soooo cute. I'm so thrilled for you, and so glad I got to talk to the new Mom so soon after it all happened. happy anniversary to you both, too. Love, Kamber

Anonymous said...

New football season and a new baby, what an exciting time! Baby and mamma and papa look great. Much love and warm feeling for the entire Buchanan family from the army and alabama.
Tommy

Anonymous said...

She's perfect man! We are so happy for you. Congrats and we'll need to come see her asap, and your new house for that matter.

Anonymous said...

Ava looks beautiful and we can't wait to meet her. Congrats to you and your family! We are all going to have little babies very close in age -- how fun!! Love Julie and Barry