We opted for plantation shutters and they look so nice. I didn't want to have a cord hanging from the french doors for the girls to play necklace with. They were pricey, but I am very happy with this choice. We did the shutters on the doors, over the kitchen sink and in the family room. We already had them in the living room. So, now the whole downstairs is matching.
Tuesday, September 25, 2007
Home Improvement
We got our new shutters! Yahoo! Finally! We have walked around for a couple months (since moving into this house) with no window coverings on one whole side of our house. That is the kitchen window, french doors and family room window. The neighbors might have gotten more of a show than they bargained for during those months because it was stinkin hot and I was very pregnant! Well, now the windows are all covered up and we have some privacy.
We opted for plantation shutters and they look so nice. I didn't want to have a cord hanging from the french doors for the girls to play necklace with. They were pricey, but I am very happy with this choice. We did the shutters on the doors, over the kitchen sink and in the family room. We already had them in the living room. So, now the whole downstairs is matching.
We've done a number of other things as well. I had a list of things to get done before the baby came and Scott completed all of his tasks. Little does he know, but I now have a new list! This was one of the big ones though. We got a new front door (the previous owner paid for it :), molding and we painted it. I wish I had a before picture, but the old one was pretty ugly. Scott also took down the 70s looking chandelier and installed this new one. Pretty impressive huh? He didn't even get electrocuted and the chandelier is still in the ceiling! Good job Scott.
Now on to the next project - the family room!
We opted for plantation shutters and they look so nice. I didn't want to have a cord hanging from the french doors for the girls to play necklace with. They were pricey, but I am very happy with this choice. We did the shutters on the doors, over the kitchen sink and in the family room. We already had them in the living room. So, now the whole downstairs is matching.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Wow, I love the shutters. I hope that I get to be in that house one of these days. :) Once again I am impressed by your talent and your desire to make your house lovely.
Oh, I LOVE plantation shutters. Maybe in our next house...
Your house looks beautiful. I wish I had your ability for getting things done and making such good choices.
Excellent! Maybe when we have neighbors we'll put those shutters in on our entire north side of our house. Whew! it will be costly. But then you, Rachel and Brian and we will all have them. Maybe Rama could get them too.
R
Excellent! Maybe when we have neighbors we'll put those shutters in on our entire north side of our house. Whew! it will be costly. But then you, Rachel and Brian and we will all have them. Maybe Rama could get them too.
R
Looks very nice, and goes really well with the color you chose for that wall, I must say! Can you please come do our house when we move back to the US? My mom's best friend did that for her when we got a new house (I was 4). It's only logical that you should do the same, right?? :)
Post a Comment