Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Growing Girls

We've got three growing girls at our house. I went to the Doctor again last week and got to have another ultrasound (5th) and see our baby girl. It was awesome! She had grown so much since the last time I saw her before our trip. I am now 24 weeks, so she was bigger and moving a lot and we had good looks at her heart and everything else. It was really neat. The Doctor had wanted to check the chambers of her heart (because we didn't get a good look last time) and to make sure she really is a girl. I sat there thinking, "What if this baby is a boy. How would I tell Scott?". Well, we got a good look and she is definitely a girl!! Yahoo! She kept opening her mouth like she was yawning or gulping. You can see that in the picture below. It was very cute to see her moving around and it was very nice to see that she is healthy and all is going well.Along with the baby growing - I am growing! I feel and look pregnant now. I'm feeling hotter than normal. I feel so much movement inside of me. I'm feeling that little body up under my rib cage so it's not as comfortable to bend over. I have to wear maternity clothes now. Sorry I don't have a picture of me, but believe me, my stomach has really popped out since the last pictures you saw of me in Europe. It's going to be a long summer! Brielle is also growing. The problem is that it's her independence that is growing more than her little body. She is total drama! We have had a battle of wills all morning long. If she doesn't get what she wants, she immediately throws herself on the ground crying. This morning she did this because she didn't want to get her diaper changed, then because she didn't want to get dressed, then because she wanted to stand on a chair to eat instead of sitting in her seat, then because I wouldn't let her climb onto the table and walk around, and on and on. We finally went outside to water and weed and she got to be free in the yard. She ran around with no shoes and played in the mud and had a great time. She got so messy and loved it. Now she is sleeping peacefully.

4 comments:

Kam said...

Glad you're back to blogging. Hope that means your househunt is going well? Cute picture of your inside baby. And cute picture of Brie. I hear you on the battle of wills... Sam has been tantrumming up a storm this week!

Teresa said...

What a cute post. That is so funny that you have grown so much since Europe. I have too! But I have still only gained like 8lbs. Totally unusual for me. Brie looks so cute. Just keep up the good work of winning the battles. She will figure out who is boss soon enough, and your life will be so much easier.

Sue said...

Cute blog. Great pictures of both girls. I would love to watch Brielle's new independence and not have to be the one fighting her. Keep up the great work.

Roger said...

Two suggestions:
1. Tell your Dr. to get a digital camera. His pictures are so dark and fuzzy that I can't see a thing. I thought it was a picture of a Mayan pyramid.
2. For Brielle, duct tape. I think I have told you this before.