Thursday, May 17, 2007
Zaanse Schans
We went to a little village that is just how it would have been in the 1600s. It is on a river with wind mills and little dutch houses. There were also workshops that showed us how they made and wore wooden shoes and made cheese. We went up into a windmill that made peanut oil and watched how it worked. It was very interesting.
Scott in a big wooden shoe.
Alicia with the line up of wooden shoes for sale.
Scott showing us how you make a wooden shoe.
Scott, Steven, Nathan and Jacob carrying the huge blocks of cheese.
Scott and Brie in front of the cheese making shop. We went inside and tasted LOTS of different kinds of cheeses. Brie and Scott were in heaven!

Alicia and Scott in front of the windmills. One of them makes paint and one makes peanut oil.
Alicia, Scott and Brie walking through the little village to the candy shop.
Scott feeding the ducks with the boys and Brie.
A happy girl after the stop at the candy shop.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Lucky, lucky, lucky. It all sounds so great. I'm jealous of all the time you're spending with the Hughes family also. Brie looks so cute and mature in her little coat. Sometimes I have to remind myself that you do still live in UTah. It's been SO long, and action packed. What a great trip.
Hey, ummm, that shoe that Scott is standing it looks like the one that Alicia and I stood in, on our European Dream Vacation 2001. But ours was in Amsterdam, right? The Amsterdamians probably just copied the "authentic" one from the VERY fun-looking 1600s village. Also, I love the cow spotted wooden shoes in the pict where Alicia is lined up with the rows of shoes. Also, I soooo wish we could have been there at the cheese tasting. That sounds scrumptilicious!
Post a Comment