We are now back at Teresa and Steve's house in Germany. We are happy to be back at our "home base" and were welcomed back with such excitement! Scott had the boys dancing in the streets. Scott, Brie and I took a day to rest today (Sunday) after traveling from London to Frankfurt yesterday by bus then plane then bus then train. We'll leave tomorrow morning for Holland for the tulip festival! Yeah!!
I want to share our week in London with you though. We had a MARVELOUS time and that was all because we got to spend the week with
Kamber and Brian and Samantha at their house. They were
sooooooooooooooo good to us. We were greeted with soft, fluffy towels and clean, really nice sheets on a very comfortable bed.
Kamber made some delicious meals and even ordered out their favorite Indian food for us to enjoy together one night after we put the girls to bed. I was so happy to get so much time with my very best friend. We don't get much time when they visit Utah because both Brian and
Kamber have so much family to visit. So this week was very special to spend with
Kamber and to have our girls together.
One extra special thing that Brian did for us was to surprise us . . . . a WICKED good surprise too. I had mentioned how much I wanted to see the musical "Wicked". We didn't feel like we should spend the money on seeing it in London though. Well, our first day in London, Brian gave us the exciting news as soon as we woke up. He had bought tickets to see "Wicked" that night and had even arranged a babysitter to come watch the girls!!! Can you believe it?? Scott and I were absolutely thrilled. How nice. We got to have a double date.


Here are the four of us after the show. The show was great. It is so creative and fun. I really loved it. I have also always wanted to see a show in London and we got to. Thank you Brian!

Scott and I riding the Tube back home after our fun night out on the town with
Kam and Brian.
Kamber and Brian riding home with us on the Tube.
Now, I'll share some pics from that day.

We started our day at Trafalgar Square. As soon as we entered the square we saw TONS of pigeons.
Brielle was amazed! She kept saying "
WOOOOOOW!"

A man close by came and put some rice in Scott's hands and on his head. The pigeons went crazy. They were flying all around he and
Brielle. They landed on his head and on
Brielle's head. It was quite a sight.

Scott,
Brielle and I in Trafalgar Square.

My favorite part of being in London last time was walking through the beautiful parks. I told
Kamber that is what I wanted to do most with the girls. So our first day we went on a lovely walk through St. James Park, Green Park and Hyde Park.
Kamber and I took a little break in the lawn chairs they have out in the park. We were promptly kicked out though because they are "pay chairs".

In the middle of our walk we came upon Buckingham Palace. We did not come for the changing of the guard because I learned last time that it is just a big joke. I figured out it was just a show for the tourists when the changing of the guard band broke into "Don't Cry For Me Argentina" and they were dancing all over the place. Please.

Here is
Kamber walking through an arch "that she has always wanted to walk through!".

The rain started up in the afternoon so we jumped on a red double
decker London bus to take us home. Here is the shot out the window. They drive VERY close to each other.

On our way home in the rain.
2 comments:
I LOVE that you got to see Wicked. I have seen it three times and my friend Bryan is a dancer in it. I LOVE that show!
1. Will Brian and Kamber be my friends?
2. Pigeons are just rats with wings.
Post a Comment