Tuesday, May 08, 2007

If It's Not Scottish It's Crap

On Friday afternoon, Scott, Brielle and I left Teresa's house on a train and then a bus and then a plane to Scotland. We arrived safely and had the most WONDERFUL experience there. I have so much to say and show. Scotland is a gorgeous country. We loved every minute. I'll begin with our first pictures.We stayed at a Bed and Breakfast called Fisherton Farms in Dunure, Scotland. It is an actual working farm and was perfect for us (and cheap). It is out in the country in Ayrshire (county where Scott's dad is from). My very best friend, Kamber, and her husband, Brian, and daughter, Samantha, joined us after a long drive from their home in London. We were given our own little house to stay in. It had a kitchen, living room, bathroom and three bedrooms. How perfect for our little girls! Scott in front of the Fisherton Farms sign. Here I am in my "If it's not Scottish it's Crrrrap!" t-shirt. I brought this shirt just to wear in Scotland. I'm sitting in front of my first Scottish breakfast that was brought to us in our kitchen when we hung the towel out the window to signal that we were ready. It was an egg, sausage, ham, cooked tomato, cooked mushrooms and fresh milk and orange juice. Yum.Brielle, Kamber, Samantha, Brian and Scott at our breakfast table. Brie got to go see the horses outside after breakfast. She loved watching them and even came up with a new sound for them.She also got to chase the hens and ducks around in the grass right in front of our door. What a fun time.

This is the beautiful view from our Bed and Breakfast. I loved how incredibly green Scotland is. I also thought it was so picturesque to see the green rolling hills full of sheep and little lambs right along the coast of the ocean. Wow!
This is the farm land outside our front door.

2 comments:

Teresa said...

Wow! That looks amazing! I want to go. You are seeing some of the most beautiful places on the earth all in one month. What a great vacation.

Anonymous said...

Hey Alicia--What a WONDERUL write-up!! How FUN for you all!! I'm thrilled to get to see the places you've gone and some of the things you've seen. Some of the pictures didn't come up on my computer, and that's disappointing, but the ones that are there are GORGEOUS!!

And it was really fun for me to get to see my Kamber daughter and her "BYU husband" :), and their little Sammie girl. (Kam hasn't put her write-ups on her blog yet....) Your little 'Bungalow' (as Kam calls it), sounds just PERFECT for the six of you. Isn't it marvelous that you FOUND that ideal place???

I'm delighted that you all get to be together and that you're there in London with Kam and Brian and Sammie right NOW. If you bring back an extra jar of lemon curd from London, I'll be sure to get together with you to get it in the next little while!! :) Thanks for your writings and pictures! Much appreciated!! Oh, and isn't it MARVELOUS that your home sold already??! What a blessing! Love, Karen