Sunday, May 13, 2007

Cotswolds - English Countryside

Our last day in England was spent in the country. The English countryside is just as green and beautiful as you could imagine. Kamber took us to the little village towns that make up the Cotswolds. Each town was so charming and quaint. We stopped at Bourton-On-The-Water. We walked through the town and then had a nice lunch with the girls. Kamber and I had mince meat pie. We had beautiful drives with sleeping girls and good chats and typical England weather.




4 comments:

Sue said...

Where have I been? I just read 3 blogs, did you do them on the same day?
Again, I loved them. What a wonderful place London seems to be. I thought, though, the plants are so green because of all the rain, but they need sunlight, too? Do they ever get that?
Your trip looks wonderful, I am excited for when we get to see Wicked. You all look so good! Have fun on the rest of your trip in and around Germany!

laura said...

the picture of the girls under the flowers is gorgeous. what an incredible place. kamber- can we come next?????

Kam said...

Come on OVER, Laura! Seriously, we'd love any Allred or Buchanan visitors... thinking of starting a Bishops B&B, not a bad idea, eh? I have to say, those green, green hills got TONS of sunlight for a few weeks, right up until Scott and Alicia arrived. I guess they brought the rain with them, too bad. But it was still sooo much fun wandering around with them.

Anonymous said...

Alicia--Thank you,Thank you for posting all these fantastic pictures on your blog!! I just LOVE seeing them like this! When I want to relax and "escape" and meditate, I go in my mind to The Cotswolds area. Kam took us there when we visited and it was one of the most beautiful, impressive places I've ever seen in my life.

Isn't Harrod's one of the most unusual, unbelievable, astoundingly EXPENSIVE places you've ever, ever been to??? And yet SO fascinating! And Trafalger Square!!

ALL these places in your three recent writings, are places we've seen and enjoyed and it is SO FUN to be able to reminisce and envision them again! It makes me want to hurry and get over there AGAIN!! (maybe even BEFORE Kam and Brian's B&B is open!) :) Thanks so much for all the time and effort you took in doing these write-ups! I LOVE 'em!!
Love, Kam's Mom