We moved into our cute little house exactly two years ago. It was the only house we looked at. We loved it immediately and felt really good about it. We really like the area and we loved the character and charm and style of the house. It does only have two bedrooms though. We thought, with a new baby coming, we could just put the two kids in one room and we would stay here for one more year. We were absolutely not going to go to Europe and buy a new house at the same time. Well, surprise, surprise, that is exactly what we did.
We got our house and yard looking great and left to Europe. The house was listed for sale that day and six days later we had an offer. The people who bought the house are a cute YOUNG couple that are getting married in just a few days. The loved it too.
We closed on the sale of the house on the Wednesday after we got back from Europe. They wanted us to be out by the end of May, but I said, "NO WAY!". So we are renting back from them while we looked for a house until June 21.
The new house hunt started right when we got back from our trip. No time to relax. The first day, the realtor and I went and saw 18 houses. By now I have seen over 50 houses. I would go see them all and then narrow it down to a few for Scott to see. After seeing that many houses, we figured out exactly what we wanted and what areas would be good for us. We thought about a few of them, but made a final decision on a house in Sandy. We made an offer yesterday and a couple hours later, the deal was done! Here is our new house.
On Friday evening we had gone out to show Scott some of my favorites and ended up at this one for the fourth time. When we arrived the owner was there. We were able to meet her and her husband and some of the neighbors. After talking to all of them (a neighbor even gave Brie a cool wooden toy that he makes) we left feeling REALLY REALLY good about the house and the neighborhood. Exactly what we were praying to feel.The next day we made the offer and after our realtor talked to the owner we found out she felt the same way. She left after meeting us and told her husband that she felt very strongly that we are the family that should be in that house and in that ward. She lived there for 23 years and raised her kids there. She asked him how low they could go in price, because she wanted us there. So, from their original asking price they went down quite a bit so that we could have the house. This is a GREAT deal for us. She has had other offers and has never gone down that much. We feel extremely blessed and really feel like this is the right home for us.
This is one of the neat things about being in Utah. We are praying to find the right house and this woman was praying to find the right family for her home that she loves. It is a good feeling to know that the spirit lead us all. So, we will be moving in the next few weeks. We can't wait to have you to our new house.
9 comments:
Please bring furniture!
Wow! That is soo cool. I am so glad you have found a home already, and feel that good about it. How exciting. How old is it? I was surprised you said someone lived in it for 23years. It doesn't look that old. Anyway, wonderful job on finding a house, maybe we will even make it to this one. :)
Hurray!! The house looks great- Sarah actually showed it to me online so I could see the inside pictures. Brian LOVES the basketball hoop. I love the openness(is that a word??) I can't wait to come stay in it. And how amazing that it was such a prayerful experience and you felt so good about it. Looks like everything worked out perfect.
Not only is there a baketball hoop, but there is a 3-point line painted on the driveway too.
Scott,
We have a three-legged dresser with peeling paint from Piko's room that is available for you. When will you pick it up?
Wahoooo for you!! This is awesome news! Is it the one you wanted, the one you were talking about before? I hope so. It looks really nice, and I can't wait to see inside, too!
Congratulations, you guys!!
Congrats!! It looks big and beautiful, I can't wait to see inside. Perhaps now you won't be so perturbed that you are my Utah storage area? Come on! How am I supposed to be a vagabond with out a place to stash my nonsense?
Fabulous! Is there an MLS with photos of the inside so we could sneek a peek? I'm sure we could spare some furniture if you are willing to pick it up!
R
Congratulations, Alicia and Scott! We'd be glad to bring some Red Sox decor with us next time. The new house looks great. We're happy for you.
Post a Comment