Good bye to Scotland. This is Scott pulling our rental car into it's spot at the airport. He did a great job driving in Scotland and in England on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road. It was very scary at first, but I think we soon got used to it.
Thursday, May 10, 2007
Finishing Scotland
I thought I would share some more pictures of our days in Scotland before I move on to the past week we have spent here in England at Brian and Kamber's house. Hope you enjoy.
After our time in Stevenston, we drove up the coast a little more to a town called Saltcoats for "supper". We found a very nice restaurant with reasonable prices (for the U.K.) and had a delicious supper. We were right along the beach and went to play in the water and sand a little bit more afterward.
We then drove through the country a little more until we found the Robert Burns cottage.
Close by to the cottage is the Brig O' Doon. Here we are walking along the Brig O' Doon.
The next day (after church) we drove along the coast and through Glasgow to Edingburgh. It was a beautiful drive and we were excited to see Edingburgh.
We arrived at our Marriott!! This is the Marriott that we stayed at. Yahoo for the friends and family rate huh? It was very nice and we slept wonderfully in those awesome sheets!
There was a golf course surrounding the hotel and bunnies were hopping all around. Brie loved chasing them and came up a new sound for bunny.
Monday was spent in the city of Edinburgh. Here we are entering the Edinburgh Castle. It was very interesting to here the stories and history of Scotland and the castle. What I liked most was seeing the tiny little room where Mary Queen of Scots gave birth to James.
The back side of the castle. It would be pretty tough to invade, huh.
Alicia standing guard at the castle.
After the castle, we strolled down the Royal Mile. It is a long cobble stone road with shops and restaurants. We ate Fish and Chips and bought a very nice sporan for Scott's kilt attire.
We left Edinburgh in the rain. Scottish weather changes very quickly. It was soon sunny and we found this rainbow as we drove back through the countryside to the airport. 
Good bye to Scotland. This is Scott pulling our rental car into it's spot at the airport. He did a great job driving in Scotland and in England on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road. It was very scary at first, but I think we soon got used to it.
Good bye to Scotland. This is Scott pulling our rental car into it's spot at the airport. He did a great job driving in Scotland and in England on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road. It was very scary at first, but I think we soon got used to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
1. I understand why Fred has such fond memories of Scotland.
2. I loved the sweatshirt that Brian wore to Edinburgh. He must have found it under the rainbow you photographed.
Post a Comment