Saturday, May 19, 2007

Spargel Festival

From the moment we arrived in Germany we heard about the Spargel Festival. There was spargel this and spargel that everywhere. Everyone seemed quite excited about spargel. We discovered that spargel is the big white asparagus. It is grown here in Teresa's town and people love it. We finally got to go to the Spargel Festival with the Hughes Family. It was all that we hoped for.
Scott, Alicia and Brielle with schnitzel and spargel, spargel salad and spargel soup.

Brielle didn't want any spargel, but wanted to eat our lemons. Isn't that a perfect face?The kids got to play while we all ate spargel.

1 comment:

Kam said...

I'm glad you got to go to the Spargel fest, and to Amsterdam. Remember when we bought our own two sticks of spargel, because we had no clue what it was? Ahhh memories.

I hope you made it home safely and are recuperating well. I bet Brie is in LOVE with her own bed!! (and you two, too, probably). We'll miss you guys.