Friday, April 27, 2007

We're Here!


We made it! Yahoo! Scott, Brielle and I are in Germany. We are so happy to finally be here with Teresa, Steve and the boys.

The traveling went incredibly well. I am so glad! I was so nervous, so I brought a bag full of snacks and food and toys and books and DVDs and we barely even got them out. We started on Thursday with a flight to Chicago. Brie fell asleep as we were taking off and took her afternoon nap. Perfect! We then boarded a flight to Frankfurt and had a problem when we had to sit on the runway in the rain for an hour, but finally got to take off and then all was well. We watched a video, ate dinner and then Brie slept soundly on a cozy bed of pillows and blankets on the floor at our feet. Again, perfect.

We found Teresa at the airport and she brought us to her house. It is so nice to be with someone who knows everything about the area and can just take care of us. We got to have lunch, take a shower and then go down for a short nap. We had a fantastic German dinner of bratwurst and rotkohl! It is now 10:15pm German time and 2:15pm Utah time. We are exhausted and Brie went down for the night 2 hours ago. We're heading to bed ourselves, but we'll see if we are all wide awake in a few hours.

The picture above is of Brie's first experience with a bidet. She went diving in as soon as she saw it. She is pretending to be washing herself. Smart girl.

3 comments:

Roger said...

1. I am glad you made it without difficulty.
2. I did not read "duct tape" one time. What's the deal.
3. Brielle looks very clean.

laura said...

Ohhh, I am sooo excited. I thought we were going to have to wait for 3 weeks to hear about your trip. I am also so happy the travel went well. We were also on a plane on Thursday and I just kept saying, "I'm so glad I'm not Alicia." You went a LONG way. I'm glad you're safe and sound. Keep us posted.

Sue said...

I am so glad that you arrived safely! Here's to good planning. Have a fabulous rest of your trip.