Vermont and New Hampshire -
We stayed right by Hanover, NH where Dartmouth College is. We walked around there and had dinner at a very popular college hang out.
Sunday we went to church at the chapel in Sharon, VT. It was so nice to be there. When we lived in Boston, a big group from the singles ward would go up to Sharon every October to camp and watch conference at this chapel. Lots of memories there.
We went on a walk afterward around the Joseph Smith birth place memorial.


We spent the afternoon in Woodstock, VT. This is the cutest little VT town. I've always loved it. It's a town with quaint shops and is just pure Vermont country. Lovely.
We drove all through the Vermont countryside and even went to Sugarbush Farm. This place is also a favorite for their DELICIOUS cheese and syrup. 
Brielle on our walk through the sugar maple trees to see the tapping lines for the syrup.
The Quechee gorge is a huge canyon that we went on a walk around and over on the bridge. It's gorgeous.
Ava was super sick our first few days. Can't you tell in her face?
Ice cream after the hike. You will soon see that we ate ice cream every single day!
These first few days were spent in Marriott hotels. We loved getting to stay in big comfortable beds and swim every morning and every evening. It was some pretty luxurious living for a 2 year old!
We drove from Vermont to Lake Winnepasaukee in New Hampshire. Yes, THE Lake Winnepasaukee from the movie "What About Bob?". That's exactly why we love it. We swam and ate lunch and then headed back to Boston.



10 comments:
The pictures are incredible. How fun to be back in a place that you love so much. It is so beautiful there. I can't believe Brie got that close to the calf- all by herself. And I do think you are SO brave for doing 17 days with two kids. I couldn't of done it.
Wow, what a trip! I can't believe how many fun things you guys did while back there. 17 days is a long trip, especially with 2 kids! You guys are amazing!
The pics are great too!
What about the Red Sox and Yankees pictures? I think you were going to go to a game if I remember correctly.
A 17 day vacation? How could you handle it?
what a fun vacation!! You must be glad to be home and back to routine. I can't wait to see more pictures.
I hate to say it, but "What About Bob" was actually filmed here in Virginia at Smith Mountain Lake.
Sarah is correct....The movie was filmed in and around the town of Moneta, Virginia located on Smith Mountain Lake. Production had to go south because at the real Lake Winnipesaukee in New Hampshire, the leaves were already turning for the fall season.
You guys are lucky. You get to have almost as much fun as we do. But I agree- 17 days of vacation with two kids? Not actualy vacation. haha. Oh ya, thanks for the phone call about liquor (lika) store, that brought back some memories. Made my day. Did you get any sasige from the street vendors?
Fun, fun! I loved my trip to Boston, and I am sure your girls did too. How fun that you got to show off your two sweet girls to all your old friends. Was Brielle nice to them? :) Poor Ava does look sick, but they sleep more when they are on medicine right?
I am excited to see more pictures from you guys.
Just so you guys know I love slideshows! We really need to see your faces in person anyway, it's been too long. Also, my friend is going to Boston in a couple weeks and I need your guys input on stuff, you know, where to eat and visit! After you guys recouperate from the grand adventure give us a call. See you guys soon,
Mark, Trisha and Laird
It looks like a wonderful vacation and lovely weather. Thank you for finding a Thistleware bowl to replace the broken one in the set I bought in Scotland in 1978. You're so thoughtful.
What a beautiful vacation. What a special trip. I am so happy that you got to do it!
Post a Comment