I asked Scott what his favorite part of our trip was. He said it was the day we went to Walden Pond to swim and to the Red
Sox game at
Fenway Park. That was my favorite day too. It combined each our favorite things.

I LOVE Walden Pond. I used to swim there as many summer days as I possibly could. I even took the Relief Society skinny dipping there one night. I used to going running through Walden Woods and then swim in the pond and lay on the beach for hours. It is beautiful, the water is clear and the perfect temperature, it's surrounded by a green forest of trees. Walden Pond is one of my favorite spots!



We went to Walden in the morning with our friends Tim, Becky and Caroline Wilson and Rick, Arielle and Spencer
Kone (who drove up from PA).



What made a day at Walden even more perfect was always going to Kimball Farms afterward for ice cream. It is THE BEST ice cream ever! We drove through beautiful Concord to get there and stopped at The North Bridge.


Mmmmm. Kimball Farms again. Chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirled in.

Ava was certainly glad to be introduced to Kimball Farms ice cream. That's my girl!


I love Walden Pond and Scott LOVES baseball! Of course this was our favorite day. That evening was Mormon Night at
Fenway Park. That's right. Can you believe we came to town for Mormon Night with the Red
Sox? It was a great game. They won! It was a beautiful night and we got to see a lot of friends we wouldn't have seen otherwise. So lucky!






From the moment we arrived Brie kept asking where "The Green Monster" was. I kept showing her the green wall, but that was not a good answer for her. She finally saw Walle and Scott bought her a
Walle doll. She rocked it and loved it and he is asleep with her in bed right now.

Scott, Tim and Randi went to find the chair where the furthest baseball hit in
Fenway ever landed. They've left the chair from when Ted Williams hit it there.

Scott actually got to have two favorite days. He also got to go see the Red
Sox play the Yankees in Yankee Stadium. This was the last game played between these two teams in Yankee Stadium before it is torn down. He went down with Tim, Randi and Rick and they all had a GREAT time!


1 comment:
Great recap of your time in Boston! Brings back a lot of good memories of our times with you, at ball games and elsewhere. What a trip you had! We're so glad we were a part of it. Will you do it again for your 10th? And kudos for being one of a few out-of- towners who ever spell Faneuil correctly!--timo
Post a Comment