Saturday, September 13, 2008

Back To Boston Trip: Cape Cod

We, with all of our friends, went to Cape Cod for three days. Scott still keeps in touch with a woman who was his costumer at the bank he worked at while in Boston. She invited us to come stay at her home on the Cape. Nice, huh? It was a beautiful house built in 1780. She was so welcoming and was so happy to have us. We felt at home, but did have to carefully watch for and dive after all of the little kids and all of Gloria's expensive antiques.

Gloria had a huge cat and a cute little dog that the kids loved. Check out this cat!Our first day we took the ferry out to Martha's Vineyard. It was a gorgeous, sunny, clear day. Our ride was so nice out on the deck.We arrived and went straight to ride on the Flying Horses carousel - America's Oldest Carousel.
We walked through the shops a little bit, ate lunch and then walked through the "gingerbread houses". All of these houses are adorable. They are painted in so many different colors.Brie and Samantha chose their favorite. The pink one, of course.
We found the beach!
We saw an AMAZING sunset on our ride back on the ferry. The next day was our big BEACH DAY! Everyone would be there. The Wilsons came down from Boston, Jeni and her daughter had flown in from Alabama, Randi was coming back to us. It was going to be a good day just lounging on the beach all day while the kids played. Not so. The clouds rolled in, the wind started up and it was freezing cold!
The ladies did a Polar Bear Swim anyway. It started with Randi, Kamber and I and soon lead to all the girls diving in. Yahoo! We were all frozen by the end!
At least we got to go home, shower and warm up and then eat some good seafood. Mmmmm, all better.

6 comments:

Teresa said...

I LOVE the pictures of the ladies in the water! That looks like so much fun, even if it was a little uncomfortable. How fun that so many of your Boston friends were there for your vacation. I am glad you guys got to go.
And Samantha and Brielle seem to be having the best of times together. Did little Spencer and Ava get along? They are probably about the same size. :)

Stephanie said...

HI...found your blog via tim and becky's (she was a friend from ricks) and I loved this post of Boston. I want to take a vacation there now. You have a really cute family and I love the little read and blue swimsuit on your daughter! Anyway, I saw you have the Brian Skinner family on your blog, they were friends of ours from BYUH. Would you mind passing on my email so they will let me see their blog? I would love it. I saw it before they went private quite a while and I would love to be in touch with them again. Here's my email: christensenstephanie at hotmail dot com. Thank you! Hopefully I can post about my Boston vacation someday!
Sincerely,
Stephanie Christensen

Melody said...

That looks SO fun! I like the picture of Brie with the ice cream cone. And the gay head picture is pretty funny too. =)

Aaron and Jen said...

You are making me want to go to BOSTON! The pictures are beautiful and it looks like you had so much fun!

Jeni said...

You encapsalated that day. It was PERFECT, cold water and all. Gawl, I really miss you guys. And those ferry pictures to and from Martha's Vineyard look like total photo-shop pictures..beautiful!

Buchanan House said...

WOW! You really know how to enjoy and put many exciting events into a vacation. Loved all the pictures.