No. I have not had it, but I am dreaming of it.
Last Saturday, I left early in the morning and went hiking with some friends on Antelope Island. It was absolutely beautiful. I never expected it to be. It's the island in the middle of the Great Salt Lake. It was so green, there were lots of wild flowers and the water around us was super crystal, clear blue. We hiked up to the highest peak on the island, which was about 4 miles. It was a really nice hike. Just hard enough to feel a burn and have to catch your breath a few times. We talked and talked and had a great time together.
The Saturday before, Scott and I woke up early and left the girls with grandma while we went out to breakfast (one of my favorite things to do) and then had massages!! That's right. We each had an hour long massage. It was pure heaven. The whole time we were thinking, how do I get more of this? Scott's idea was to sign me up for massage therapy school! It felt so good to lay there and try to forget about taking care of girls and house and everything and have the most luxurious massage. LOVED. IT.
Ever since, Scott and I have been dreaming of and planning out our most perfect relaxing day. Mine would go something like this:
Scott and I would wake up whenever we wanted with no kids waking us up early or all through the night before. And we would just stay in bed as long as we wanted. Oh, and we are waking up on the beach, with the window open and the breeze and sounds from the ocean coming in. Then we would go have a good breakfast together outside overlooking the ocean. I would then want to go on a hike. We would hike and enjoy being outside, the beautiful sites, exercising, and being together. I then want to have a massage together. Mmmmmm. And the girl wouldn't ever say, "Ok, you're all done." After massages, I'll soak in a hot bath for a while. Then nap time!! We'll take a long afternoon nap in crisp, clean, cotton sheets. I would then want to wake up, get dressed up really nice and go out for a nice dinner in a fancy schmancy restaurant. And walk along the beach on the way home . . . eating chocolate.
Sound good?
2 comments:
sounds sooo good!!
Sounds like a fantastic day! I wonder how many of those before you miss the kids? I used to think about that when Dad would not want to be left alone while I took you kids out of town by myself.
Post a Comment