We are coming to the end (I hope) of two weeks of my battle against Salmonella. I think I might win, but it is not over yet.
Brielle had days of horrible diarrhea last week. So, so bad. When I went to Ava's doctor appointment Scott wanted me to have Brie checked out too. I took one of her diapers and Brian tested it. When Brian was at our house for Father's day dinner he got the call from his partner telling him that the tests showed it was Salmonella.
Things had already started to clear up and get better for Brielle, but I was told it is extremely contagious, so I just waited for it to show up in Ava. It did. Soooooooooooo, this week I have been taking care of Ava's explosive diapers and re-potty training Brielle. Fun. Fun. Fun. I won't go into detail, but there have been a lot of gross clean up jobs around here.
I don't know for sure how Brie got Salmonella. Of course there is the tomato thing going on or raw chicken is sometimes the culprit. I hate to say it, but I'm pretty sure it came from Brielle eating raw chocolate chip cookie dough. We made cookies for the neighbors and we both ate dough. I let her lick the beaters. And of course I did!! That is the best part of making cookies! When Scott saw he said, "Don't let her eat that. It has raw eggs in it". Turns out he was right.
Wish me luck in the battle against any of the rest of us getting Salmonella or them passing it back and forth to each other. Agggghhhh! We have hand sanitizer, clorox wipes, antibacterial soap, etc. etc. everywhere.
4 comments:
Not fun! Hope the girls get OK soon.
What? No pictures?
And, it could have been something other than the cookie dough. Not to be a party poop. No pun intended.
So sad and gross at the same time. We feel for you and hope that it doesn't spread any more.
Were the cookies at least good?
You're the third person I know that has gotten samonella in the last few weeks! I've already paid our dues to the throw-up/diarrhea fairies for this year, so I hope we can take a pass on this!
Post a Comment